Gransnet forums

Health

Any one else having symptoms after the Moderna Omicron Booster Vaccine?

(105 Posts)
Philippa111 Thu 06-Oct-22 13:15:43

I had both the Covid booster and Flu vaccines at the same time. Its now day 6 after and I'm still not feeling at all good.

The day I had the vaccines I went home and felt Ok apart from sore arms which is usual. Next day I slept non stop for the whole day. I couldn't keep awake. I was also a bit nauseous. I've been really tired since then and yesterday and today I feel dizzy and 'spaced out'. It's a bit like being drunk all the time... which I haven't been for over 40 years... but I remember the feeling!

I had Pfizer last times and no adverse reaction at all.

Has anyone else had these or any other symptoms after the combined or single vaccine?

Riverwalk Thu 06-Oct-22 13:20:50

A friend had the Moderna booster last Saturday, slept for 14 hours on Sunday and had a headache and nausea when finally awake. Too fatigued to go to work on Monday but OK by Tuesday.

Luckygirl3 Thu 06-Oct-22 13:21:14

I had flu and Covid (Moderna) 2 weeks a go. Fine day one - but during the night of day two I had a serious headache that kept me awake. It has now gone I am glad to say.

25Avalon Thu 06-Oct-22 13:23:49

Jenni Murray writing in the DM said she felt really poorly for a week afterwards. Lots don’t. I hope Dh and I don’t as our vaccinations are due next Monday.

Soupy Thu 06-Oct-22 13:24:20

I had the Moderna booster but no flu jab and I felt extremely tired for the following couple of days.

westendgirl Thu 06-Oct-22 13:27:09

I had Moderna late afternoon, felt chilly in the night. Next morning had a temperature, felt nauseous,tired and achy.
I was much better next day .
I had my jabs a week apart.

Ilovecheese Thu 06-Oct-22 13:29:30

I have had no adverse reaction apart from the expected sore arm.

Mapleleaf Thu 06-Oct-22 13:32:22

My arm felt very achy and sore for several days after the Moderna booster last weekend, but otherwise I’ve been ok so far.
I wonder if it’s anything to do with having both the covid and the flu vaccine at the same time?

Also, having both together, it will be difficult to determine which one might be causing symptoms as described up thread, because the flu vaccine can also make some people feel “off it” for a day or two, whilst others have no side effects at all.

fiorentina51 Thu 06-Oct-22 13:42:36

I had my booster on Monday. I declined the flu jab as my daughter and her baby were staying with me for a couple of weeks and I didn't want to risk feeling unwell.
So glad I did as about 12 hours after having the vaccine I started with the chills and fever.
It got worse as the night progressed and by morning I could barely walk to the bathroom. I felt sick and at one point felt as if I was going to faint.
I took two paracetamol every four hours which helped but once they wore off, I felt just as bad.
All in all the symptoms lasted about twenty four hours. I then slept for about 10 hours and felt fine on Wednesday.

aggie Thu 06-Oct-22 13:49:26

I had both on Tuesday last , no I’ll effects

Auntieflo Thu 06-Oct-22 14:01:55

I had mine , the Moderna variation, a week ago last Tuesday, at 11 am.
I was fine until around 9 pm, then started to feel unwell, and it knocked me for six.
It too a good 4 days to get over it.
All my other vaccinations were Pfizer, and I was fine with those.

Glorianny Thu 06-Oct-22 14:07:34

I had the Astra one first, then Pfizer than Moderna and Moderna. (I've got the full set!!!!)
I had a couple of days after the 1st Moderna when I felt awful and my arm ached. This last one I was OK.
I think Moderna has more side effects.

Daisymae Thu 06-Oct-22 14:09:21

I had the Moderna spikevax a couple of weeks ago and no side effects apart from a sore arm. Having flu jab later in the month.I did read somewhere that about 67 per cent of people get side effects, think that it was an American study.

Katie59 Thu 06-Oct-22 14:10:55

Sleepy, partner said I felt hot that aside no other reaction

Urmstongran Thu 06-Oct-22 14:12:37

I had the Moderna with the new variants and my ‘flu on the same day - last Saturday morning. I felt fine all day, went to bed and woke at 2am Sunday morning aching all over ... back, shoulders, neck, arms. This lasted all Sunday and Sunday night through till Monday night when I took ibuprofen on top of paracetamol. I was fine Tuesday morning.

twinnytwin Thu 06-Oct-22 14:18:30

DH and I had the Moderna Spikevax and flu jab at the same time a week or so ago. I had the usual sore arms. Also DH complained of sore arm which he doesn't usually suffer from. Following day at around midday we both complained of feeling exhausted but we'd got GGD for the day so put it down to that. However, I was still feeling exhausted the next day, DH was fine. Back to normal after 3 days.

Razzamatazz Thu 06-Oct-22 14:20:26

Get well soon. I had both jabs on Tuesday, just the normal sore arm.

I see that you also feel dizzy and almost 'drunk'. I caught a virus over a month ago this Saturday, and it has resulted in labyrinthitis, which makes you feel off balance. I'm having a 'good day' today and can drive, but it's been a wake up call to me to slow down a bit.

Esspee Thu 06-Oct-22 14:21:32

The only negatives I have heard from those who have had both recently (including me and OH) was sore arms at the injection site and one friend felt shivery.

mokryna Thu 06-Oct-22 14:21:44

My first one was Moderna and the following day I felt green and was tired for about four days. However, second, third and fourth ones were phizer, the last one being a couple of weeks ago and I haven’t felt ill or tired on any of those.
I will have my flu jap nearer to Christmas, on my pharmacist and doctor’s recommendations.

Ashcombe Thu 06-Oct-22 14:23:34

I had mine (Moderna) in the afternoon and felt unwell in the evening during the night with a headache and restlessness and unable to focus for about 24 hours. The flu vaccine a week later resulted in no side effects at all.

ayse Thu 06-Oct-22 14:26:23

I had flu jab last Saturday and Moderna Monday lunch time. No problems at all. Last time after Moderna I felt quite unwell for a couple of days

NanKate Thu 06-Oct-22 14:27:57

Snap !

I had the Moderna Bivalent and the Flu jab, following day I could hardly keep awake. I lay about most of the day moaning and groaning.

Having said that I am very grateful to have had both, much better than catching covid or the flu. I read it takes 3 weeks for the Moderna to properly kick in.

crazyH Thu 06-Oct-22 14:30:22

No reactions at all…..

Aveline Thu 06-Oct-22 14:54:08

Me neither

silverlining48 Thu 06-Oct-22 15:05:53

I posted a couple of weeks ago asking about after effects of the spikevax as dh felt really poorly fir about 5 days after his. Aching neck and shoulders, shivery, bad head ache too.
So far neither of us have ever had any problems with either AZ or Pfizer. Nor with any of our flu jabs.