Gransnet forums

Health

Mammogram recall - update

(29 Posts)
anna7 Mon 21-Nov-22 15:50:07

Further to my post last week, I went for further testing at the hospital this morning and I'm pleased to say everything is fine. Such a relief!

Thanks so much to everyone who responded to my earlier post. It was very kind to take the time and I appreciated everyone's comments.

Redhead56 Mon 21-Nov-22 15:53:59

I had a recall a few years ago and admit I was worried but is was ok glad to hear yours was too.

Kim19 Mon 21-Nov-22 15:54:29

THANK YOU for feedback. Very kind. You've been in and out of my mind. Delighted your result is positive. Bravo! 🌷

rosie1959 Mon 21-Nov-22 15:57:03

That's brilliant news

grannydarkhair Mon 21-Nov-22 16:02:35

Excellent news 😄

Calendargirl Mon 21-Nov-22 16:06:40

Glad all is well.

Smileless2012 Mon 21-Nov-22 16:06:48

Great news annasmile.

FannyCornforth Mon 21-Nov-22 16:13:26

Great stuff smile

Blossoming Mon 21-Nov-22 16:14:35

Wonderful news, thanks for the update x

Grandmadinosaur Mon 21-Nov-22 16:16:40

I missed your earlier post but glad to hear it was good news. Phew such a relief for you. Having been through that myself I know what it’s like.

Ziplok Mon 21-Nov-22 16:18:06

Good news anna7.

MissMarpleknows Mon 21-Nov-22 16:23:03

So pleased anna, now you can relax & enjoy life 💐

Lathyrus Mon 21-Nov-22 16:24:32

Thanks for letting us know.

Good news🙂

Theexwife Mon 21-Nov-22 16:48:45

That feeling of getting the all-clear is amazing, so very pleased for you.

Marydoll Mon 21-Nov-22 17:04:34

I had a recall visit once, two days before Christmas. I know that feeling of relief!

sodapop Mon 21-Nov-22 17:08:10

Great news anna7 you can relax now.

Sparklefizz Mon 21-Nov-22 17:25:15

Well done anna Excellent news.

Doodledog Mon 21-Nov-22 17:34:36

Phew! So pleased to hear all is well anna. Now you can relax knowing that you have been thoroughly checked over and are clear.

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 21-Nov-22 17:41:39

Always good to get the all clear.

NotAGran55 Mon 21-Nov-22 17:55:07

I didn’t see your original post Anna, but I’m happy to read the update. Waiting for results is sooo stressful.

crazyH Mon 21-Nov-22 17:59:55

Great news 👍

Goldbeater1 Mon 28-Nov-22 13:38:36

I’ve just found this post. I was hoping to find some advice about how to keep from pacing the floor at night - I’ve had a mammogram recall and am really shaken - had found no lumps or bumps prior, and I must admit I went into my recent breast screen blithely assuming all was well. I have to wait three weeks to be seen. So glad to see that the OP here was okay jn the end. Quite honestly, I’m terrified.

MayBee70 Mon 28-Nov-22 13:46:04

Goldbeater1

I’ve just found this post. I was hoping to find some advice about how to keep from pacing the floor at night - I’ve had a mammogram recall and am really shaken - had found no lumps or bumps prior, and I must admit I went into my recent breast screen blithely assuming all was well. I have to wait three weeks to be seen. So glad to see that the OP here was okay jn the end. Quite honestly, I’m terrified.

I’m exactly the same. Thankfully I’ve never had a recall after a mammogram or smear test but I feel physically sick waiting for test results. I did get called back to have the mammogram redone one time, though. They sent everyone home but called me back in. Turned out that the x ray hadn't been clear enough but when they called me back I was so scared!

anna7 Mon 28-Nov-22 17:58:27

I'm sorry you've also been recalled Goldbeater1 and I understand the anxious wait to be seen only too well. I have a few friends who have also been recalled over the years and every single one has been fine. After the initial shock of receiving the recall letter I did calm down a bit after a few days and just tried to keep myself distracted as much as possible, not easy I know. I treated myself to a book I wanted to read that I had been waiting to come down in price a bit but I bought it anyway and that helped. I also watched some comedy shows on the TV to distract myself a bit.

This was the second time I've been recalled. The first time was the first mammogram I ever had and they said the picture wasn't clear . This time they wanted to check an area but thankfully all was fine .

My very best wishes to you. I hope the wait goes quickly for you and do let us know how you get on.

Doodledog Mon 28-Nov-22 18:40:50

Please read the thread again to reassure you, Goldbeater.

I completely understand that you are scared - so was I, but I was absolutely fine, as was the OP. The majority of people who are recalled are fine too, so the odds are in your favour.

I also think that the fact that you have a 3 week wait suggests that the referring doctor is not too concerned. I was there within a couple of days. I know things have deteriorated in the NHS, but I think they still whip you in if they suspect anything more than a fuzzy picture.

Fingers crossed that it all works out for the best - do come back and let us know?
flowers