Gransnet forums

Health

Back pain

(6 Posts)
Ziplok Thu 23-Mar-23 13:32:47

DH did something to his back on Tuesday ( probably a trapped nerve, tho not sciatica as he doesn’t get the tingling in the buttock area or down the side of his leg), and ever since the pain has got progressively worse, despite already having strong pain killers for other issues, and applying a hot water bottle to the area. As it wasn’t improving, but getting worse, I suggested he persevere with ringing the surgery to try to see a doctor. Ha, no chance. Got through to be told there were no appointments available until 17 April. We’re not even out of March yet. So, what next? He can’t hobble around in severe pain like this for the next month. I wonder if it’s worth trying 111, though don’t hold out much hope there, either. Has anyone out there suffered similar and has any suggestions?

rosie1959 Thu 23-Mar-23 13:36:34

Yes for anything like this I don’t even bother with the GP I call our Osteopath they can usually see me or my husband within a day or so

MerylStreep Thu 23-Mar-23 13:43:47

This is the trapped nerve video my chiropractor showed me before he moved to Barcelona.
It’s saved me a lot of money.
There are videos for every area with a trapped nerve.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbFcwpVo2yE

dogsmother Thu 23-Mar-23 13:46:49

I agree with Rosie.
It’s cruel pain, as I can vouch for too. As soon as mine starts, I get with the exercises that I should do daily regardless, and book in with osteopath.

Ziplok Thu 23-Mar-23 14:07:09

Thank you for your replies.
He has managed to get a telephone consultation with a doctor this afternoon, so we’ll see what he/she says; but I think an osteopath will be the way to go.

joand04 Tue 11-Apr-23 10:57:25

Hey, I have been struggling with back pain for more than five years. It started when I started playing football. I tried some natural treatment methods but, they could give me temporary relief only.