Gransnet forums

House and home

My Husband is uncomfortable with kisses on the bottom!

(67 Posts)
Liz08 Mon 12-Mar-18 19:08:52

No, it's not what you think. Haha. He just has an aversion to text messages signed with an kiss after the name.
We both belong to many different groups comprising of people of all ages but quite often when an acquaintance (male or female) contacts him they sign their name with an X after it.
He doesn't know how to respond to this. With his RAF background he wants to put OAO (Over And Out) but that might mean something with Hugs in it ........
Any suggestions? confused

Luckygirl Mon 12-Mar-18 19:15:24

What a fusspot!! grin Tell him that when you get to our age there are few enough kisses left and he should grab what he can!

nanaK54 Mon 12-Mar-18 19:18:06

Love your thread title grin
I quite like a kiss or two at the end of a text message - here is one especially for your dh x please pass it on for me grin

Cherrytree59 Mon 12-Mar-18 19:29:06

I now try to be careful with my kisses at the end of a text message after having on a couple of occasions put a x or several xxx
whilst texting the carpet fitter and the decorator.
Luckily it caused a chuckle.

It always amuses me when the lady from the cattery always ends her messages with xx

I now usesmile at the end of non family texts

LOL is always an odd onehmm

MawBroon Mon 12-Mar-18 19:30:40

You know how some thread titles jump out at you and squeal “Me, me, read me!” ?
gringrin

Marydoll Mon 12-Mar-18 19:38:03

Great title. grin
One of my sons refuses to put x, also. When he does, I wonder what he has done wrong. smile

MissAdventure Mon 12-Mar-18 19:39:28

I'm here for the title, too! grin

Lazigirl Mon 12-Mar-18 19:41:02

Just love the title of this thread, has cheered me up no end! I think no ? Ia a male thing?

MrsAllboys Mon 12-Mar-18 19:45:59

The thread title made me think of Alan Freeman !! ?

Willow500 Mon 12-Mar-18 20:27:45

I thought you were on the wrong forum for a minute Liz08 grin I too feel uncomfortable with ad-hoc kisses. An ex work colleague does it and he was in the RAF so not sure that counts for anything. My eldest son never puts x at the end of his messages, youngest one always does and they are the same in real life - eldest doesn't do hugs youngest always has.

Elegran Mon 12-Mar-18 20:38:11

Fats Waller www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZZRAU3DeOo

SpanielNanny Mon 12-Mar-18 20:39:08

New to Gransnet, and this title has made me laugh out loud. Reminds me of several years ago, receiving a text from my ds friend that he accidentally put kisses on. He refused to look me in the eye the next time I saw him!

petra Mon 12-Mar-18 20:49:40

MrsAllboys
Are we talking about Alan Freeman the dj in the 60s, known as fluff?

Jalima1108 Mon 12-Mar-18 21:18:31

Liz08
Yes, it can become a habit!
But this is specially for your DH:

Testing testing X X X

Fennel Mon 12-Mar-18 21:20:05

From the Fats Waller song:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZZRAU3DeOo
And later the title of a Paul McCartney album.

Jalima1108 Mon 12-Mar-18 21:21:16

I'm enjoying that Fennel smile
x

lemongrove Mon 12-Mar-18 21:23:40

Kisses on the bottom, I’ll be glad I’ve got ‘em! From ‘I’m gonna sit right down and write myself a letter.
Some men are uncomfortable with putting xx on letters, cards texts etc and will only do it for wives and close family.
Fair enough.

sodapop Mon 12-Mar-18 21:53:29

Made me chuckle too. It's a personal thing but harmless.
Each to their own, I like kisses on the bottom.smile

MrsAllboys Mon 12-Mar-18 22:52:49

Petra, yes that’s the one. He did pick of the pops for donkeys years. He often used to refer to ‘kisses on the bottom’!

Jalima1108 Mon 12-Mar-18 23:19:17

If I'm writing a birthday card to a male relative or friend I make sure to put xx under my name and not under that of DH!

Eloethan Mon 12-Mar-18 23:48:30

I always put an x to family members and close friends, but I wouldn't to anyone else.

Marmight Tue 13-Mar-18 06:23:36

I'd be happy to get any kisses on the bottom!
Kisses from from/to friends and family are fine but I draw the line when messaging my accountant or electrician - they may get the wrong message blush

Grandma70s Tue 13-Mar-18 06:57:28

I was taught from the moment I could write that putting kisses in letters, cards etc was Not Done. I still never do it. Some of my friends and one of my sons sprinkle them around liberally in texts and emails, and I’ve become used to it.

(I felt slightly furtive looking at this thread until I realised what it was about!)

Gerispringer Tue 13-Mar-18 07:35:16

I like a few kisses on the bottom xxx my DH always ends a phone conversation with me or one of the family with “ bye, lots of love” , he occasionally forgets who he’s speaking to and says “bye, lots of love” to the builder or plumber and doesn’t realise he’s done it!

Esspee Tue 13-Mar-18 07:38:01

I'm with you Grandma70s. Not the done thing at all.
Only acceptable from primary age children in my opinion.