Gransnet forums

House and home

Stressless chairs - are they worth the eyewatering price?

(10 Posts)
Grannyjacq1 Sun 05-Jul-20 22:41:18

I think there was a post about these chairs some time ago - but just wondered whether anyone had bought one recently and if so whether they were worth it? There are lots of substitutes around. Some good offers in the sales - but still a lot more than I usually pay for a chair. Advice, please!

Missfoodlove Sun 05-Jul-20 23:15:02

I used to work for a furniture company, Stressless were our best seller.

If you get the right chair for you they are outstanding, it’s not a one size fits all, you need to try the different styles and sizes.

They are beautifully made and engineered, if you have any back, joint or neck problems they can help enormously.

Jane10 Mon 06-Jul-20 08:23:33

Yes yes yes yes yes!

FlexibleFriend Mon 06-Jul-20 13:37:22

Yes I bought one a couple of years ago, cost 2 grand but I believe it is worth every penny. You need to try a few because they feel different, I have a "Magic" large and I'm not very large at all but it was the most comfortable for me. Combined with the footstool It's frankly sublime.

craftyone Mon 06-Jul-20 15:09:49

definitely not worth it. We gave ours to dd, they were giving us backache. Much better off now with a quality recliner.

Jane10 Mon 06-Jul-20 16:12:52

A genuine Stressless of the right size for a person us unimaginably comfortable and relaxing. You need the angled leg rest too for maximum effect.

FlexibleFriend Mon 06-Jul-20 18:00:54

Stressless are the ultimate quality recliner.

craftyone Mon 06-Jul-20 19:10:43

no they are not, himolla recliners are the ultimate, they are far far better than stressless. We had two, different sizes of stressless and with the angled leg supports, maroon leather and the genuine (expensive) article

Jane10 Tue 07-Jul-20 07:37:26

Never heard of himola recliners. Will check- not that I'd dream of changing our Stressless!

FlexibleFriend Tue 07-Jul-20 13:00:47

I've had a look and think they are incredibly ugly and wouldn't give them house room but each to their own. I can only assume you chose the wrong style with stressless as I said you need to try out quite a few to find the one that suits you. I chose a large even though I'm far from large and would have thought a small would have suited but it certainly didn't. I'm not in the market for new furniture as mine is only a few years old but wouldn't even consider the Himolla recliners as I have to be happy with the way they look as well as how comfortable they are. I thought some of the stressless were ugly but I thought all the Himolla were but that's down to individual taste.