Gransnet forums

House and home

Vacuum cleaners

(10 Posts)
Sheena Mon 21-Sep-20 16:57:32

Can anyone recommend a light, easy to push vacuum cleaner? Preferably bagged? I'm really not too keen on these bagless ones.

I've got a Sebo which is pretty good, but oh my, it is so heavy now to push and get upstairs, but it has an easy hose attachment for doing round the skirtings, and corners etc.

I've also got a G-Tech which is brilliant, but no good for corners etc.

I remember the Oreck cleaners, but they don't seem to make those anymore.

Any ideas please ?

Thoro Mon 21-Sep-20 17:10:17

I’ve got a Sebo as well whichI use downstairs but agree about it being heavy. I’ve got a Shark cordless for upstairs which doesn’t have bags but is brilliant and comes with two batteries and lots of tools.

Pittcity Mon 21-Sep-20 17:10:45

I recommend getting a robot vacuum for ease. I use a long handled brush/feather duster for skirtings, corners, ceilings, stairs etc. Knock all the dust down and let the robot loose.

Spice101 Tue 22-Sep-20 08:10:04

We had a ducted vacuum in our last house, it was brilliant as you only had to pull the hose around. The main unit of ours was in a high space under the house but could go in a garage or just on an outside wall.

Charleygirl5 Tue 22-Sep-20 08:29:27

I find dustbags are now an outrageous price- that is if one can find them for an ancient trusty machine like a Miele which is heavy to carry but I have a separate bagless vacuum for upstairs.

Furret Tue 22-Sep-20 08:51:22

Agree Pittcity I love my Roomba.

Franbern Tue 22-Sep-20 09:02:53

The hand held GTech goes well into corners and crevices and behind rads, etc. and can also be used in the car, etc. Love my Gtechs. Have the upright and the hand held one. Do not need anything else at all. And so lightweight and easy to empty.

Sheena Tue 22-Sep-20 09:06:20

Thanks everyone. I guess trying to find a bagged vacuum cleaner is pretty pointless now as they re old fashioned.

Anything that looks remotely interesting is bagless... but having already got the G-Tech (which is brilliant ) it's the emptying out and all that dust and washing it all out ... hmm , puts me off !

SpringyChicken Tue 22-Sep-20 10:11:51

Do you have to wash it? I don’t wash out my Dyson container out. I must be dirty!

Daisymae Tue 22-Sep-20 10:17:54

I have just got a new Dyson animal 10 to replace my old one and I can confirm that they have sorted out the problem with emptying. That was always my bugbear too. It much easier and no mess. I always said it was an issue but the new design has sorted it out at last