Gransnet forums

House and home

Just the loveliest furniture.

(26 Posts)
annsixty Sat 28-Nov-20 15:08:29

A weird topic I know but I have furniture envy.
On Facebook an ad came up for a furniture company called Pinch.
I clicked on and fell in love with a sideboard.
I do not need a sideboard and it is way, way beyond my budget but I have never seen a piece of furniture I have so instantly wanted.

phoenix Sat 28-Nov-20 15:14:07

Oh annsixty the power of what is referred to as "click bait"!grin

Ellianne Sat 28-Nov-20 15:17:44

Of course you need a sideboard annsixty, and if it is good quality it will be worth every penny!
D r e a m, dream, dream, dream.

annsixty Sat 28-Nov-20 15:18:23

I shall have to stop doing it?

YorkLady Sat 28-Nov-20 15:18:31

Thought I would take a look. DD has just moved house and was searching for a four poster bed. They have a fabulous one for just over £9000???
annsixty you certainly have good taste (and I hope you have plenty of money) ?. We can but dream!

GrandmasueUK Sat 28-Nov-20 15:18:47

Ooh, I just went on their site and they are gorgeous. I'd love the drinks cabinet. Haven't got the room or the money but it's exquisitely made.

Ellianne Sat 28-Nov-20 15:23:42

Oooo, I've just checked! It's British design and made, and they have a shop in London!
Now, where's my oyster card?

annsixty Sat 28-Nov-20 15:25:03

Unfortunately I haven’t got the money but isn’t it beautiful.
Heirloom pieces I think.

phoenix Sat 28-Nov-20 15:31:55

Now now ladies!

I'm sure some of my students who are just finishing a year long intensive designer maker course would be happy to quote for a totally bespoke piece made to order!

annsixty Sat 28-Nov-20 15:39:06

It is the Lowry sideboard I am lusting after.
Would your students be interested in pricing it for me.
Really really only joking I am happy(ish) with what I have.
Couldn’t afford bespoke anyway.

Lucca Sat 28-Nov-20 16:06:36

phoenix

Now now ladies!

I'm sure some of my students who are just finishing a year long intensive designer maker course would be happy to quote for a totally bespoke piece made to order!

What is it you do Phoenix? Your post made me curious

kittylester Sat 28-Nov-20 16:11:49

I love the Angelo armchair and consider I have had a narrow escape as we have just ordered one from John Lewis.

MadeInYorkshire Sat 28-Nov-20 16:22:36

Good God, even the table lamp is almost £2k! I do like the Frey design but would far rather buy a very decent antique one one for that money!

Nortsat Sat 28-Nov-20 17:16:33

Annsixty ... I see they are in Belgravia ... that explains the prices.

They might have a good January sale ...

Franbern Sun 29-Nov-20 09:51:00

Had a look. Fortunately. not the sort of style I like, so no prolem for me to dismiss them.

Auntieflo Sun 29-Nov-20 09:59:55

Annsixty, it's lovely to have a dream to hold onto.
You never know, one day...

I had a quick peek, but didn't see anything I could covet. I am still in love with our G Plan dining suite. We bought it just before we married in 1961, and I wouldn't part with it for the world.

annsixty Sun 29-Nov-20 10:20:48

Auntieflo
I am digressing here but that’s ok as I started this thread.
We knew how to choose in those days, I am on my second lot of dining room furniture but you have really taken the prize.

This means you will be celebrating your Diamond anniversary next year ,I hope by then we will have some semblance of normality and you can celebrate in style.

We achieved ours in 2018, no celebration though as by then my H’s dementia was advanced.
Don’t forget to arrange for a card from the Queen well in advance and continue to enjoy your lovely furniture.

merlotgran Sun 29-Nov-20 10:40:44

My older brother and SiL still have all their G Plan furniture. They married in 1963.

FannyCornforth Sun 29-Nov-20 10:43:09

I'm not keen either.
It's a bit too tasteful for me!
I'm another one curious about what phoenix does.
Come on phoenix - do tell smile

Spinnaker Sun 29-Nov-20 10:51:18

Yikes ! Just checked the website and picked out a sofa. Four and a half grand and the customer supplies own fabric shock

Auntieflo Sun 29-Nov-20 13:02:53

Annsixty. Thank you so much. What a lovely message, and it cheered me up. Not that I am miserable, but these days I get sentimental and teary at the slightest thing.

(DD mentioned the cars from HM, ?)

Chewbacca Sun 29-Nov-20 13:20:47

Bit of a deviation from topic but.... 35 years ago I bought a pine Welsh dresser. Over time, it turned an ugly orange colour and so I had it professionally spray painted to cream, about 10 years ago. It's now looking a bit tired, some chips and knocks thanks GC and could do with freshening up. When I asked for a price quote I was told between £500 - £600 which seems a lot. I've seen that I can actually buy a sold oak dresser, in cream, same size and just as nice, in a well known furniture store for £599. But it seems sacrilege to just buy new. I really don't want to even attempt to paint mine myself; no room to do so and no inclination either. What do you think?

Auntieflo Sun 29-Nov-20 13:31:16

Chewbacca, couldn't you work up a bit of enthusiasm and give your dresser a coat of chalk paint. It sounds as though it is a bit of a favourite of yours, and it now has the fashionable Shabby Chic look. ( or is that now passeè?
I have read that you can easily paint it over other finishes.
Mind you, I shouldn't talk, as any get up and go recently has long gone.

Chewbacca Sun 29-Nov-20 14:48:00

Sorry Auntieflo my get up and go got up and left months ago.

Mogsmaw Sun 29-Nov-20 15:53:25

YorkLady my dream bed comes from loaf you’d get the super king and a mattress for that!