Gransnet forums

House and home

Has anyone bought an 'Emma' mattress ?

(23 Posts)
mumski Thu 03-Dec-20 13:22:31

.........and what did you think of it? Definitely time for me to get a new mattress and have seen them advertised a lot recently but a recommendation is the best advice I think smile.

Sparklefizz Thu 03-Dec-20 14:18:26

Not me personally, but I am in an Osteoarthritis online Group and many people on there swear by the Emma mattress for a comfortable pain-free night.

tanith Thu 03-Dec-20 14:48:15

My daughter has one and she’s very happy with it.

Doodle Thu 03-Dec-20 14:53:16

We’ve got Emma pillows and very pleased with them. Sorry no help with the mattress.

Georgesgran Thu 03-Dec-20 14:56:31

My daughter who has spinal problems loves her Emma. Her DH sleeps separately on a Dormeo mattress, which she hates.

GrandmasueUK Thu 03-Dec-20 15:07:23

We got one and it is wonderful.

janeainsworth Thu 03-Dec-20 15:12:11

We got one last week & are very pleased with it.

Kalu Thu 03-Dec-20 15:23:06

Not the Emma but we bought an eve last year and very pleased with it. DD1 bought the Emma and she too is pleased with her choice.

MiniMoon Thu 03-Dec-20 15:29:55

Since I bought my Emma mattress I have not suffered any hip pain! It's wonderful. I wouldn't sleep on anything else now.

Bluesie Thu 03-Dec-20 15:37:38

Can you help me to understand DILs reaction to covid. I am struggling, as my DIL has to wipe everything down with disinfectant before my grandchildren aged 5 and 8 are allowed to handle things, and also after this has been done they cannot handle the gifts of comics, books or sweets for 24 hours. I am worrying about xmas day, handing presents over on the doorstep, for the children to not open till the following day, and to not see the reactions on their face when presents are opened. (I have not been allowed into their house since March and have had to stay two metres away constantly)

PollyDolly Thu 03-Dec-20 15:42:27

No, but judging by the advertisement on TV I might consider it...........if sleeping on an Emma Mattress makes you leap out of bed like a hyperactive gymnast what's not to like????? Been many a year since I leaped about like that ???

grannypiper Thu 03-Dec-20 16:25:34

Bought the dormeo mattress but i didn't like it, replaced it with the Emma and the difference was amazing. It is too comfy, i never want to get out of bed now.

NotSpaghetti Thu 03-Dec-20 16:42:14

Think you are on the wrong thread bluesie

ginny Thu 03-Dec-20 16:52:14

Dd and SIL have an Emma. They love it.
I’m going to have one when my mattress needs replacing in a year or so.

lemongrove Thu 03-Dec-20 16:55:57

We have Emma pillows, a bit hard to get used to, but solve neck problems and we sleep well on them.Pricey, about £25 to £35 each, depending on where you buy them, but will last a long time.Sorry cannot help about the mattress, but imagine it’s equally good.

Happiyogi Thu 03-Dec-20 17:54:47

This is interesting, as I’m thinking the same as mumski!

Could anyone who has an Emma post why they specifically like it? I prefer a quite firm mattress - can’t be doing with something that feels almost“saggy” from new. Makes me feel seasick!

janeainsworth Thu 03-Dec-20 18:40:43

Happi hard to describe but I'd say it gives very good support. It feels comfortably soft when you get into bed, but then when you lie down, the mattress seems to fill those hollows like the small of your back or the dip between ribs and hips.
Hope that makes sense. smile

mumski Thu 03-Dec-20 21:28:33

janeainsworth that sounds so cosy. I'm sold on the idea after all the great comments. Will be ordering one tomorrow morning! . Thank you for all your help it's much appreciated x

Jane10 Thu 03-Dec-20 22:12:03

Are they memory foam?

Happiyogi Thu 03-Dec-20 22:51:12

Thanks, janeainsworth. Good description, so I’ll take a closer look.

Cfaz49 Thu 03-Dec-20 23:07:15

Bought an Emma mattress about 4 years ago. DH had a very bad back and we needed a new mattress. It came up as best buy from Which magazine. It arrived in a very heavy smallish box. But wow, it expanded and it is so comfortable and also warm in winter. Never regretted the purchase for a minute.

Callistemon Thu 03-Dec-20 23:17:04

Jane10

Are they memory foam?

I'd like to know too, Jane10

We bought a new mattress last year and ordered medium to firm but I've always found it too soft. We didn't think to check the label - when we did eventually, it is *soft.
The shop has shut down and the mattress firm didn't respond; it is not really their fault.
It wasn't cheap.

Does memory foam tend to make you hot?

janeainsworth Fri 04-Dec-20 15:30:46

Yes memory foam. Details in the product description on the John Lewis website
www.johnlewis.com/emma-original-memory-foam-mattress-medium-tension-king-size/p4329508?s_ppc=1dxDSA-FURNITURE-FLOORING-PP39700045867829125&tmad=c&tmcampid=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA2af-BRDzARIsAIVQUOdjR1n6WGKA6LjmOUsw74eNL7T5MclUTR9a854ZtatLd_tkMWb2mbsaAuBJEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds