Gransnet forums

House and home

Your sleeping arrangements?

(7 Posts)
Arsenal67 Fri 22-Jan-21 22:35:06

We have two single adjustable beds that are joined together. They have got increasingly creaky and after 20 years they need replacing (they've had new mattresses).

How do you sleep? Big bed? Little bed? I tend to go to bed around 10, husband comes to bed later but likes to read so adjusts his side.

I really want to buy a ‘normal’ bed but how can he read and will I feel it every time he rolls over?

I have a hankering for a upholstered sleigh bed.

tanith Fri 22-Jan-21 22:39:24

I have a reasonably new pocket sprung double bed in which I sleep alone it’s super comfy.
Why don’t you buy single beds then you can both choose exactly what suits if they don’t match who cares as long as you both get a good night.

lemongrove Fri 22-Jan-21 22:40:55

It all depends exactly what you want to ‘feel’ Aresenal?

Urmstongran Fri 22-Jan-21 22:42:18

Now, now lemon we’re not in the Argy now!
?

biba70 Fri 22-Jan-21 22:44:35

when I had my first knee replacement, our very high SuperKing size bed was impossible post op. So we moved to another room which has 2 small doubles and we each had one. And later when I had recovered, we decided to stay in that room, with en-suite- and put the two beds together, so a 2m80- or 8 ft bed- sheer bliss. Just bought two new mattresses.

rubysong Fri 22-Jan-21 22:50:47

We have a fairly new bed and I can turn over without disturbing DH. Also I have a kindle with a pull out light built in to the cover so I can read if I wake in the night and can't get back to sleep.

GagaJo Fri 22-Jan-21 22:53:15

When I was married we had an American king size bed. I still have a large double, to myself now. When I stay at my blokes (not at all since first lockdown) he has an average double. It isn't big enough and I don't sleep well. The only person I want to share my sleep with now are my DGS when he has a nightmare.