Gransnet forums

House and home

Smol.... anyone tried these?

(13 Posts)
Missfoodlove Sun 14-Feb-21 18:58:52

Thinking of starting a Smol subscription.
Has anybody tried their laundry products?

NellG Sun 14-Feb-21 19:53:38

I haven't but keep thinking about it - I think they do a free/cheap sample option having had a quick look at their website. When I'm low on my current supplies I might give them a go.

Hetty58 Sun 14-Feb-21 20:02:12

I'm allergic to soaps and detergents. Therefore, I find it quite odd that people are happy to use chemicals so freely. I use a laundry egg (minerals) and or soap nuts (plant based) and both are very economical.

kittylester Sun 14-Feb-21 21:16:31

I looked at them for the dishwasher but wasn't happy to give my credit card details before I had tried them.

Missfoodlove Sun 14-Feb-21 21:21:55

kittylester I feel the same, there is a free trial but I really don’t want to give all my details.

moggiek Sun 14-Feb-21 21:27:22

I’ve used them for years. I really like the scent, the biodegradable packaging - and the fact that I never run out.

kittylester Sun 14-Feb-21 21:37:58

Are they any good, moggiek? I use Fairy Platinum which I think are brilliant.

grannyqueenie Sun 14-Feb-21 21:54:26

I’ve been tempted in the past but for the same reasons as others didn’t want to sign up until I’d tried them. In the meantime I’ve discovered SPLOSH products, have found their washing up liquid, surface cleaner, toilet cleaner and dishwasher tablets really good. Haven't signed up for a subscription just order refills when I need to. Feel better cutting down on single use plastic.

AmberSpyglass Sun 14-Feb-21 22:10:38

They’re fantastic, I really like them.

Also...everything is made of chemicals so good luck trying to find something that isn’t. hmm

honeyrose Sun 14-Feb-21 22:22:22

I was very tempted to try Smol, but like several of you, I wasn’t happy about giving my card details before I’d even tried them. Seems an odd way to go about giving people a free trial! Why can’t we just try them and then decide whether to subscribe or not? Shalln’t be giving Smol a go, regrettably.

Mogsmaw Mon 15-Feb-21 20:21:47

Dh ordered both the laundry and the dishwasher tablets. He’s a cautious man but obviously didn’t see a problem with the “free trial” you get about a dozen of each so it’s a good trial.
Verdict, the dishwasher tablets are great and we’ll switch when the ones in the house are done. As for the washing tablets, they are fabulous. I’ve been loyal to aerial liquid for years and I now wonder why. I don’t use fabric conditioner, never have but one wash and my towels are like never before.
I had just bought a new bottle of aerial but I’m not using it as I’ve switched! I’ve washed all the towels in the airing cupboard.
I’m never going back!

Missfoodlove Mon 15-Feb-21 22:02:05

Mogsmaw Thanks I will try them when my current stuff runs out!

mwchyn Sat 06-Mar-21 15:14:21

Been using Smol for about 18 months. I use the dishwashing tablets, laundry tablets and have just started with the laundry conditioner. Completely satisfied with their products and now wouldn't buy anything else.