Gransnet forums

House and home

Washing conundrum

(9 Posts)
riccib123 Sat 06-Mar-21 22:51:57

Today I put on a wash containing items that were either white beige or camel coloured. I added a colour catcher just in case, although all items - especially the camel coloured towels-had been washed literally hundreds of times. At the end I was baffled to find the white t shirts and hankies were pale pink and the colour catcher dark pink. Nothing was found in the wash (ie by mistake) or the drum that made this possible. Has this happened to anyone else? I am baffled! Next wash was no problem

Blossoming Sat 06-Mar-21 23:18:36

.The sock demon has concealed a red sock somewhere in the innards of the machine. Fortunately the sock fairy removed it and returned it to its rightful owner before further damage could be done.

Blossoming Sat 06-Mar-21 23:19:58

The demon at work grin

sharon103 Sat 06-Mar-21 23:27:24

ooo-er that's strange.

geekesse Sat 06-Mar-21 23:41:37

You have been blessed by the Invisible Pink Unicorn: www.palmyria.co.uk/humour/ipu.htm
(Perhaps I should add that the IPU was conceived by atheists as a humorous and witty response to heavy-handed Christian evangelising on Usenet in the days before the www was a thing.)

“The Shrine of the IPU is the Laundry Room.

It is proved because, if you notice in your socks - you often find holes in them when you pull them out of the dryer - pierced by her horn during a visitation to your shrine - doubt it not!

Sometimes the whole wash comes out pink - a proof of Her Pinkness if there ever was one. It is said that She cavorts with one of her chosen Stallions in the midst of the spinning laundry. It is the afterglow of their lovemaking that imbues clothes with Her pinkness.

Also ye may know that ye have been especially blessed if you find that one of your socks has gone missing. Surely a sign from Her Horniness. If anyone questions why ye are missing a sock, simply reply "My Mistress had need of it." No one is certain what She does with the socks, but rejoice for ye were chosen to make this sacrifice.”

riccib123 Tue 16-Mar-21 13:45:38

Thanks everyone. However, no socks in there before during or after, whatsoever. I am still baffled. Have done a totally white wash since then and no problem. Perhaps I will never know....

Gwyneth Tue 16-Mar-21 13:51:03

What’s a colour catcher?

Nannarose Tue 16-Mar-21 16:26:29

Love the sock fairies and unicorns - BUT it's really that it is the red component of the dye that has leached out - and you probably wouldn't have noticed it in an ordinary coloured wash.

TrendyNannie6 Wed 17-Mar-21 08:02:27

Oh nooo, that’s really strange, wonder why! I always use the colour catcher thick towelling cloths, and not the sheets ever since my friend got sheet caught in the pipes, use for 30 washes and so much better,