Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Groupon

(11 Posts)
Maniac Wed 22-Feb-12 18:10:53

Any good or bad experiences with 'Groupon'
Can't say much or I might get a 'Quiet Word'.
I've just had a lovely foot treatment -Bliss!

whatisamashedupphrase Wed 22-Feb-12 18:35:13

Yes. We went to a very nice restaurant using a Groupon voucher. Much cheaper. Must look out for another one!

I think I must have unsubscribed by mistake. I'm not getting the emails anymore.
Must join up again.

Carol Wed 22-Feb-12 18:56:47

My daughter and partner used a Groupon voucher for an Indian banquet with champagne at an expensive restaurant in Ramsbottom in Lancashire. They paid £15 for a meal that would have cost £60 with the glasses of champagne. They said they wouldn't have thought it did actually cost £60, more like £40 to £45, but nevertheless it was a great meal and a bargain.

kittylester Wed 22-Feb-12 19:59:52

My three daughters have booked a hat making session, through Groupon, just before middle daughter's wedding - then they told me they had booked me the session with them. £45 and I don't do hats!!! I'll let you know but I am not hopeful. sad

jeni Wed 22-Feb-12 20:17:55

I just googled it and found a bbc critique you may wish to look at it. Very mixed responses!

glassortwo Wed 22-Feb-12 20:20:03

I bought a blue tooth handfree for SIL for Christmas from Groupon, great bargain! Then the last week in January he got a new works van with blue tooth handsfree hmm

Tosh Wed 22-Feb-12 21:23:21

My daughter bought a battery ride-on car for their wee boy for Christmas. They didn't get the one they wanted and it has never worked. The firm refuse to answer emails re; refund or picking up useless item which was not cheap. I wouldn't touch Groupon with a barge pole !!!!
angry

Maniac Thu 23-Feb-12 10:28:15

Tosh
Did you contact Groupon to complain?When my Memory Foam pillows took ages to arrive I mailed Groupon and they replied and pursued my complaint.They did eventually arrive and I'm pleased with them.

JosieGransnet (GNHQ) Thu 23-Feb-12 10:44:27

Maniac, you're absolutely welcome to talk about any experiences with any company, as long as it's not libellous (ie. demonstrably false).

Links etc are all fine, as long as it's not advertising or spamming, and we (and you) can normally tell when that is!

Hate to think that you're holding back telling us from the Groupon scoop of the century on our behalf grin

susiecb Thu 23-Feb-12 11:21:25

Hmmm - have heard more negative stories than positive ones so have unsubscribed - anyway got fed up with the bombardment of e-mails form them and associated companies.

Maniac Thu 23-Feb-12 11:32:15

JosieGransnet.Thanks for that info.
My son put me onto Groupon .He has had several
good experiences e.g 2-night stay for 2 with b/b and evening meal at hotel in Devon £99. -go-carting session and several meals out for 2 in Bristol area.He has been well satisfied.
Last week I had a carpet cleaning - rooms and staircase for £36.Done efficiently by a very nice young man in 2 hrs.
I'll let you know if I see any amazing bargains.