Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

Payment Protection Insurance

(8 Posts)
Daisyanswerdo Thu 07-Jun-12 10:49:37

Has any Gransnetter claimed back, or tried to claim back, PPIs? I can't put off any longer this niggling thought that I ought to be doing this.

ayse Thu 07-Jun-12 11:00:07

It can all be done for free and apparently it is quite an easy process. I've found this on Which.

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2011/05/60-second-guide-to-reclaiming-ppi-252928/

Tells you all about it. Good Luck

gillybob Thu 07-Jun-12 11:24:02

Hi Daisy My son has recently successfully reclaimed PPI although the whole process did take quite a while. I did all the paperwork and letter writing for him, following the guidelines on the well known money saving site. The loan company refused to pay up at first and we ended up going to the financial ombudsman but worthwhile despite the wait.

good luck.

absentgrana Thu 07-Jun-12 11:24:54

Daisyanswerdo No I haven't but I probably should. ayse Thanks for the link.

glassortwo Thu 07-Jun-12 11:27:28

I keep thinking I should look into it, but its another one of those things that ends up at the bottom of the pile.

nannysgetpaid Thu 07-Jun-12 12:26:12

I have done this. HSBC have the forms on line. I only wanted back what I had paid over the last year as I had been told that I could not cancel it. The staff at my branch were really helpful and the forms easy to fill in. I had a reply from the bank in 14 days saying that they were looking into it and would reply within four weeks. Three weeks later I had a letter saying that they had upheld my complaint and making an offer to pay the remainder of the loan and refund all of the PPI with interest. Within the next week I had a substantial sum paid into my bank account. I must add that I had claimed on it once when I was made redundant. One of those horrid companies rang me and when I told them that I was doing it myself told me that the Banks do not take notice of individuals and that without them it was impossible to win. If you think you have a claim go for it.

Daisyanswerdo Thu 07-Jun-12 14:50:15

Thanks everyone. I'm about to follow up the link, thank you ayse. I'll let you know how I get on.

Daisyanswerdo Thu 07-Jun-12 18:02:13

Well, I'm feeling quite proud of myself, contacted seven providers by telephone, email or letter. We'll see what happens. At least I've made the first step, and there are bound to be hurdles. Thanks again. Even if it turns out I have no claims, I'll have done what I can. smile