Gransnet forums

Legal, pensions and money

P45 query

(7 Posts)
TwiceAsNice Wed 26-Sep-18 13:11:28

I recently changed from 2 part time jobs to just 1. I gave to my remaining employer sections 2 and 3 and kept the top copy ( which is for my own records) for me. I swear I put it safe but today can't find it. I know you cannot get another whole copy but does anyone know if I could just get a copy of my own sheet. I may need it as I might do a tax return this year as the last years employment has been complicated.

gillybob Wed 26-Sep-18 14:02:00

Hi TwiceasNice

Sorry but you cannot get a replacement P45, but what you can do is request a copy of your most recent P60 from your last employer(s) , which should be enough for you to complete a tax return. If your last employers are unwilling to provide this (I am not sure why they would be) you might need to give HMRC a call. Sorry not to be more help. Good luck.

gillybob Wed 26-Sep-18 14:02:41

You can get a copy P11d from HMRC too if you have had to claim expenses etc.

Willow500 Wed 26-Sep-18 14:36:18

Your ex employer may have had a soft copy of it - you could ask them - I have had soft copies of leavers P45's for the last 2 or 3 years. Failing that as gillybob above says.

TwiceAsNice Wed 26-Sep-18 20:42:45

Hi Everyone thank you for your replies. I have a P60 from my ex employer so it sounds as if that's enough if I do a tax return. I'm not sure what a Plld is I'm afraid. Not sure if I want to contact employers direct if I can avoid it, I resigned because I felt my contract and other issues didn't match my ethics and was pretty honest on my exit form.

gillybob Wed 26-Sep-18 22:01:02

Oh sorry TwiceasNice I thought I had said that it was proof of expenses claimed etc. (You did say it might be complicated) . No matter though. Good luck .

Sweetie222 Mon 29-Oct-18 09:05:01

Hi there, if you gave your other employer parts of your P45 ask them for a photocopy, all you need is the figures that will be on it.

As you only have one employer now make sure that all your allowances are on that job, they may have been split before.

If you go online to your PAYE account you will probably have all the figures you need on there anyway.