Gransnet forums

Local

Lunch at the reinedeer inn parsons street Bnabury 28th Feb

(5 Posts)
12Michael Wed 13-Feb-13 07:23:50

Some ex saga zoners will be meeting up at 1200 for lunch in the Globe Room.
Mick

Leonora47 Thu 03-Apr-14 21:32:30

Hi - Seems like the link between, 'guidelines' and , 'getting started' has broken - the pages, 'could not be found'. So I'm ploughing onwards without guidelines. Hope that's O.K.?

I am fairly new to the Oxfordshire area, having just moved here from France - hence the 47 in my user name. 47 was the area number for where we lived for twenty years - in Lot et Garonne in SW France.
I now live in Abingdon, with my husband who has dementia - so, as his carer, I don't have much spare time. On the other hand, it means that I am in regular contact with my daughter, and granddaughters; but I would love to meet with a few other Sparky Grans in the hope of making some new friends in this area.
I love Theatre, Books, Poetry & Cookery.
I used to be an ace cook - but now, some of the sap has gone out of my wooden spoon - fifty years of thinking up menus has somewhat diminished my enthusiasm for my tiny, un-windowed, retirement flat kitchen.

Is there by any chance anything of interest happening in April?

dorcas1950 Thu 24-Apr-14 13:57:14

Hi Leonora, I am new to this site and struggling a bit to find my way round. I live in Abingdon too and would like to make contact with other local grans smile

boheminan Thu 24-Apr-14 14:43:09

Wow! This thread's finally been reinstated as a meet up point for us Abingdon folk :-)

dorcas1950 Thu 24-Apr-14 15:48:12

Hi Bohemian, are you in Abingdon too?