Gransnet forums

Local

I love my hot water bottle

(6 Posts)
Madrigal Mon 25-Feb-13 19:51:10

The seal of my hot water bottle has finally disintegrated - time to get a new one. I can't get through the winter (or Spring) without taking my hot water bottle to bed. Being single, it's the only way I can get my toes warm. Anyone else have a hottie?

Noora Fri 01-Mar-13 20:33:50

my grandson calls them bedwarmers and always asks for one when he comes to stay.

Waverley Sun 03-Mar-13 20:33:45

I have a microwavable one - no chance of being flooded out when the seal goes.

Madrigal Thu 07-Mar-13 09:43:46

Where did you get the microwaveable bottle, I wouldn't mind one of those!

Waverley Thu 07-Mar-13 10:58:57

I got mine from http://www.hottie.org.uk/ who also sell replacement inner cores, which can be useful if they spring a leak. If you don't overheat them they should not leak, but if you reheat one which has cooled down a bit you only need a VERY short blast. A friend found this out the hard way - wondered why the removable cloth cover had started to feel damp.

Some other versions are filled with gel - if the hot gel leaks out it is sticky and can burn the skin before it is washed off. These from the site I mention just have an absorbent filling and water. Much safer.

From cold they just need about a minute and a half in the microwave. There is a lot of information on the site.

Madrigal Sat 09-Mar-13 08:27:23

Thanks! I'll look on the site. Must admit I didn't think to go online to find one!