Gransnet forums

Local

TV

(9 Posts)
GinnyTonic Wed 13-Mar-13 20:51:34

I find I'm watching less and less TV these days & I'm really fed up of cookery programmes. Does this mean I am confirmed as a Grumpy Old Woman? Must admit, I LOVED Dancing on the Edge and Call the Midwife was also very good. Have I missed anything really good?

Wayfinder Wed 13-Mar-13 21:51:27

I find that sitting down to watch the TV whilst simultaneously being online on my laptop means that I hardly bother about what's on TV.
I put the soaps on out of habit, but only have a sketchy idea of the storylines.
I'm sure I've missed some good series recently, but unfortunately I'd be completely useless at telling you what was worth watching GinnyTonic grin

YaYaJen Fri 22-Mar-13 21:36:04

The only programme I really stop for any more is Doctors, ideal time and length for a cuppa break

Wayfinder Fri 22-Mar-13 22:51:08

I used to watch Doctors YaYaJen and I quite miss it. When I worked for myself it was a perfect post-lunch sit down before knuckling back down to work. Now that I'm an employee I don't have that luxury. Role on retirement ;)

Wayfinder Fri 22-Mar-13 22:52:22

Whoops. That should of course be roll on blush

Beancounter Sun 07-Apr-13 03:24:39

Just to say we find ourselves switching off the TV more and more, especially on Saturday nights!

Angie44 Sun 07-Apr-13 18:40:27

Have you been watching Broadchurch? Fabulous drama with the delicious David Tennant ...oh, and The Voice - great if you love singing and watching out for new talent

Wayfinder Sun 07-Apr-13 23:54:48

I'm a sucker for the talent shows Angie44 Anything - whether The X Factor or Dancing on Ice, The Voice or Strictly. If it's got singing and dancing, I'll watch!

ItsOnlyNan Wed 01-May-13 20:35:57

Tend to watch the quiz shows but most of the time I'm crafting or on the computer. I like Radio4extra for the drama but don't really like the comedy (the stand-up stuff). Like watching the Voice, but otherwise I find the TV is background/company while I do other things -How sad is that!! what a waste of electricity ;) Now the spring has sprung I'll have to add gardening to my list of things to do!