Gransnet forums

Local

coming to Edinburgh

(8 Posts)
Sandygran Thu 14-Mar-13 23:36:32

Hi I hope to visit Edinburgh soon and want to see the pandas . Do I still have to book? I would also like to see Britannia so which would be the best area for me to stay? I will be travelling with DP and 2 boys aged 9&10.

Waverley Fri 15-Mar-13 15:30:00

Yes, you still have to book a slot for the pandas, because there are still a lot of people wanting to see them, particularly now that they are about to enter the breeding season. You can book online at http://www.edinburghzoo.org.uk/visiting/panda.html. You can book your zoo entry tickets online too, at http://www.edinburghzoo.org.uk/visiting/admission/. The extra booking for the Panda slot is free, but essential.

A limited number of panda viewing tickets are also released each morning, for those who have not pre-booked. These are available on a first come first serve basis from the main entrance and are only valid on the day of purchase. Early arrival is recommended.

Brittania is docked at Ocean Terminal, down in Leith.

The Holiday Inn in Corstorphine is right next door to the Zoo and they do a special Panda Package (Google it for more details) but there are so many places to stay in Edinburgh that I am sure you will find somewhere convenient to everywhere you want to go.

Sandygran Thu 21-Mar-13 18:51:33

Thanks Waverley thats so helpful. Looking forward to our visit smile

Newleaseoflife Fri 12-Apr-13 08:24:54

Hello Sandygran I just love visiting Edinburgh and for many years while my children were young and later not so young we all went to the Scottish Museum. It's free too with any many interesting exhibitions and interactive things for all ages. Hope you and your family have a great time. smile

scotsgran Fri 12-Apr-13 13:59:38

the camera obscura is an amazing place to visit .

Sandygran Sun 14-Apr-13 01:59:25

Thank you both I will have to plan an itinerary before we come! Not finalised the date yet but really looking forward to coming smile

NextStopWaverley Sun 14-Apr-13 08:52:20

Look forward to seeing you Sandygran. If you tell us the dates we will arrange a mini-meetup.

Eleanor

NextStopWaverley Mon 22-Apr-13 12:03:04

In fact, if you make it to be here the weekend on 11th May we have a meetup then. afternoon tea or coffe and cake at the National Gallery Cafe.