Gransnet forums

Local

Easter Holidays

(6 Posts)
GillieB Sun 14-Apr-13 16:38:22

Hello Gillybob - I have been sooo busy and really I shouldn't be on here today either!

I have just found out that there is a small zoo at Kirkley Hall outside Ponteland - it's only open weekends and school holidays, but it sounds worth a visit if you have oung grandchildren. I think it said that they have over 200 animals, but I presume they will be small ones. We're certainly going to take DGS soon.

glassortwo Fri 12-Apr-13 10:33:22

NannyCarol you could have a wander in Jesmond Dene, lots of areas to explore. Try Gibside or Cragside. Brockbushes on the Corbridge roundabout have had all kinds of activities for the children over the Easter holidays, I think there is a surf machine and creepy crawlies this week. sunshine

gillybob Thu 11-Apr-13 14:44:10

Hello Newcastle. Glad I found you at last.

NannyCarol they will love Whitehouse Farm. Not too far from Newcastle (Morpeth). Loads for them to see and do and excellent value for money too.

Hi GillieB Where have you been hiding? haven't see you around for ages. Hope you are well. smile

GillieB Mon 08-Apr-13 20:21:12

Centre for Life, Hancock Museum, Science Museum or, if they like football, even though they are probably not Newcastle fans, how about a tour of St. James' Park?

I know it's not Newcastle, but how about Belsay Hall if the weather is fine - my children loved the place. They used to like to hide in the cellars in the house, and had a wonderful time in the Quarry Gardens and going round the Castle.

NannyCarol Thu 04-Apr-13 19:48:46

Somehow, I don't think that Jesmond Cemetery might appeal to them or me! It's hardly Père Lachaise. Anyway, been there done that. hmm

NannyCarol Thu 04-Apr-13 19:44:15

With my 10 year old twin grandsons visiting me from Surrey, Newcastle seems to offer little for them to do. Surely there must be some activities going on somewhere. Any suggestions.