Gransnet forums

Local

Let's meet up!

(11 Posts)
Hymnbook Thu 21-Aug-14 19:47:29

Hello Everyone I've only just discovered that there is a local Gransnet site for the Notts area! I live in Huthwaite. Is anyone near me? Hymnbook

Angie44 Thu 13-Jun-13 16:19:43

Hi there,
I'm so sorry fo the silence- a combination of work, computer issues and holidays! I'm really sorry but I won't be able to make it on Tuesday, it is my daughter's degree show in Manchester this weekend and we are making a long weekend of it. Where are you based and which area do you run? Maybe we can plan to meet up closer to you, Have a great time!
Angie

Tegan Wed 29-May-13 22:21:25

Meet up arranged for 18th June at the Thistle Hotel, East Midlands Airport if anyone's interested [@12.30]...

Angie44 Mon 13-May-13 14:38:38

Hi June and Kitty, thanks for your support :-) I guess meeting up from Conwy is askin a lot (!) but a combined meet up with Leicestershie and Derbyshire (and possibly Lincoln) sounds like a great idea. Let'stry and co-ordinate it soon.

juneh Sat 11-May-13 11:19:38

hello just popped across from Conwy in North Wales to say hi and wish you well. Thought it might be a good idea to pack up my virtual rucksac and travel the length and breadth to meet my fellow editor gransnetters.
Please feel free to trip across and see me for a wine or a brew or maybe a bite of cupcake
I am original from the Lancashire area and moved to Conwy about five years ago.
warm wishes
June

kittylester Sat 04-May-13 15:02:34

I live in North Leicestershire and, with Tegan who lives in South Derbyshire, am hoping to arrange an East Mids get together, possibly near (ish) to East Midlands airport. We wondered if anyone else would be interested?

I have posted on the main GN forum.

Angie44 Fri 12-Apr-13 18:16:06

So far you are the only person to get in touch :-( We could easily meet in Nottingham if that suits you better

Granissima Thu 11-Apr-13 20:27:57

I could get out to Southwell on the bus from Nottingham. Hope more Grans will show an interest.

Angie44 Tue 09-Apr-13 14:02:30

That's brilliant! I livew in Farnsfield, close to Southwell- how about you?

Granissima Mon 08-Apr-13 19:07:36

Would love to meet up for coffee and possible lunch somewhere. I live just North East of Nottingham,with easy access to the city.

Angie44 Sun 07-Apr-13 18:15:09

Hello there and a very big welcome to Gransnet Nottinghamshire!
I am delighted to be your local editor and very much looking forward to the launch tomorrow! I am Nottingham born and bred but was lucky enough to live and work overseas for more than 20 years until my return to the home turf in 2009. I would love to meet you all but my patch is wide so please let me know which side of the county you live on and we can find someone convenient for us all- or maybe we will have to have more than one venue. I am thinking of planning it for early May so watch ths space and let me know what you fancy- coffee, tea, cocktails...the choice is yours!