Gransnet forums

Local

Where are all the Derbyshire Grans?

(35 Posts)
Helengoff Mon 08-Apr-13 19:03:47

Popped onto Gransnet in the hope of finding other Grans, go to meetings and share ideas. Only to find this area of the website is just about empty of information. Is there no clubs, meets, places to eat, festivals,craft fairs or anything happening in Derbyshire?

SueG Thu 29-Jan-15 19:35:43

Another recruit - I would like to meet for coffee and hope to come on Tuesday, weather permitting!! - shortish, greyish hair! no glasses (only to see menu!!)

aprilgrace Thu 29-Jan-15 19:46:37

Great! Let's hope this snow disappears.

lulu321 Tue 03-Feb-15 12:55:23

Don't know if anybody turned up for coffee, I didn't as I thought weather was going to be bad. If anybody did turn up would like to meet again

aprilgrace Tue 03-Feb-15 18:41:10

Two of us turned up. We had a great time.
We're planning to meet up again on Tuesday 3rd March at Cafe Nero in Buxton so hope to see you then.
If anyone else would like to join us, we'd be delighted to see you.

SueG Tue 03-Feb-15 19:19:51

Had a really good natter. Looking forward to next time.

revitt Mon 13-Jul-15 11:07:20

Hi all Derbyshire Grans. I am in Belper. Anyone else in Belper who would like a meet up? I walk slowly, but would love to find other people here for slow dog walking or simply for a coffee?

lulu321 Mon 27-Jul-15 14:05:06

Anybody still meeting for coffee in Buxton

dollyjo Sat 05-Sep-15 18:20:01

Hello, I am new to Gransnet because I only heard about this website yesterday whilst at a WI Centenial meeting in Harrogate.
I see that both Nantassles and Jillymouse both live in Chesterfield which is where I am - Linacre Woods.
I wouldn't mind meeting up for coffee or if you feel really adventurous you could come along to a WI meeting. I belong to Old Brampton WI and they have a website for you to read their detail. You would be made very welcome as either a visitor or a member. smile

newnana Mon 18-Apr-16 13:35:53

Just found this! I live in bakewell and would like to meet in buxton, chesterfield or wherever!