Gransnet forums

Local

Shy Grans

(36 Posts)
Glassie Tue 09-Apr-13 08:59:57

This site looks a bit sad, nobody joining in like all the others. Come on portsmouth.

ButtonLiz Thu 11-Apr-13 13:13:05

Does anyone else live near or in Portsmouth? I live in Fareham and have recently moved from the Midlands.

tirednan Mon 25-Nov-13 10:35:00

I've just found this site, I live in Fareham but look after my 2 year old grandson in Portsmouth three days a week, it would be nice to meet other nans/grans in the area.

tirednan Mon 25-Nov-13 10:35:53

I've just found this site, I live in Fareham but look after my 2 year old grandson in Portsmouth three days a week, it would be nice to meet other nans/grans in the area.

Portsmouth Mon 05-May-14 10:02:19

Hi, I'm the new editor for the Portsmouth page and I live in Portsmouth. I'm not a gran but I have a lot of concerns relating to being a gran! I hope to organise some get together soon if people can let me know what they like doing. Cheers! Maricar Jagger

Libby156 Mon 12-May-14 22:39:56

Hello ButtonLiz and Tirednan, I live in Fareham too! Would be lovely to get to know you both. I haven't lived here long and want to make new friends. I am a granny to a little granddaughter who's almost one, it would be great to compare notes and also learn more about each other.

blueskies Tue 13-May-14 20:28:14

Hi, I'm in Fareham. It would be good to meet up for coffee and exchange information about the area. Just a suggestion, Maricar -- how about a Saturday morning initially as some are with grandchildren during the week. Fareham centre would be convenient for most. The coffee lounge in Fernham Hall is accessible and easy to locate near the library.....

Portsmouth Wed 14-May-14 19:08:37

I know the Ferneham Hall very well! I'll check my diary and find a suitable date or would anyone be interested in combining it with a show at the Hall? Perhaps a children's show for your grandkids? I'm not retired, as I said, so I work during the week, unless I have a cheeky day off!

blueskies Wed 14-May-14 20:45:26

Thank you. Just coffee is fine for me.

Libby156 Thu 22-May-14 18:21:44

Hello everyone, it would be great to all meet up in Fareham and get to know each other. Hopefully we can organise something soon!

I don't know Fareham that well, I moved here with my husband about eighteen months ago but unfortunately lost him in January. it would be great to make some new friends. smile

Terri Thu 07-Aug-14 22:36:03

Are there any Grans in Waterlooville that would like to meet up for coffee and a chat.

Portsmouth Wed 13-Aug-14 13:14:52

Hi Libby, just found an exciting event next week that maybe useful for other grans to attend too - The Fareham Arts Trail!

Terri Thu 27-Nov-14 19:18:54

Hi all gransneters in the Portsmouth,Fareham,Gosport,and surrounding areas,we need to get this show on the road.Portsmouth seems to be a bit slow on the uptake with getting people together.Lets change it,let's all get together and have our own group.Let me know if you are interested and we can get started.Look forward to meeting you all.Terri

Portsmouth Fri 28-Nov-14 22:49:17

Thanks, Terri, what are you ideas???

Terri Sun 30-Nov-14 19:05:54

Hi Portsmouth,thank you for replying,hope to have more gransnetters contact me so we can share ideas of what we would like.Where do you live?Would you like to meet up for a coffee?

Portsmouth Tue 02-Dec-14 18:33:51

I live in Southsea. No one seems to be on the chatting line. I've been hoping to start something - see post from August? smile

Portsmouth Tue 02-Dec-14 18:35:47

Why don't various people in the area suggest time and place?

I'm in Southsea

Terri in Waterlooville

blueskies and Libby156 can meet up in Fareham!

Any good?

Terri Fri 05-Dec-14 17:27:03

Can meet Southsea anytime.

Portsmouth Tue 06-Jan-15 21:16:13

I hope everyone has had a good holiday. Southsea was calm and relaxing. How about a meet-up soon at The Tea Tray on Osborne Road? We can plan the first one on Saturday 24 January at 3pm and see how we get on? Is that good?

Portsmouth Sun 11-Jan-15 21:28:24

Actually I just found I have to be out of town. Can we change the date to 17 January please? Is anyone interested in coming?

Terri Tue 13-Jan-15 09:47:13

Saturday's are not good for me,my husband is away all week and I like to spend my time with him at the weekends sorry.

Welshpat Wed 14-Jan-15 12:53:16

Saturday not good for me either. Terri and I are now in contact and I,like Terri, would like to get this group really going. Anybody else in Waterlooville/Havant area?

catg77 Sat 17-Jan-15 08:26:25

Hi

Brendoncare are holding a 'Never too late to date' event tonight.

It is for 50+ and will be held at The Anchorage, Willis Road, Gosport PO12 1LZ. It starts at 7pm. There will be music from the 50s and 60s. Tickets are £5 and can be bought on the door. Bring your own preferred drink.

So if you fancy coming along, please join us.

Thanks
Cat

Terri Fri 06-Feb-15 11:55:03

We are having coffee at The Denmead Queen Waterlooville Thursday 12th Feb at 10.30 if wish to join us please come along.We are all meeting for the first time and we hope it will fun.Look forward to meeting new friends.
Terri

Terri Fri 13-Mar-15 14:40:15

We are meeting again for coffee at Denmead Queen Thursday 26th March 10.30.We are a small group of ladies who meet once a fortnight for a coffee and a chat.You are very welcome to join us.