Gransnet forums

Local

Shy Grans

(37 Posts)
Glassie Tue 09-Apr-13 08:59:57

This site looks a bit sad, nobody joining in like all the others. Come on portsmouth.

Portsmouth Mon 30-Mar-15 20:53:29

How did the meeting on 26 March go???

Terri Wed 08-Apr-15 17:27:29

We are meeting again Thursday 9th April,10.30.We are a lovely group of ladies that meet up for a coffee and a chat.Please join us you will be very welcome.

Terri Wed 08-Apr-15 17:29:00

Sorry second message forgot to say we are at The Denmead Queen in Waterlooville.

Portsmouth Sun 21-Jun-15 09:54:47

Hello, How did the meetings go?

flewine Tue 14-Jul-15 09:52:21

Hi I have not posted on here before but I live in Portsmouth and would love to meet up with others in the surrounding and local areas. Not seen any recent posts for meet ups can anyone let me know of anything. When is the next meet at Denmead Queen is it still going.

My hobbies include sewing (hand embroidery and machine) avid reader, play short mat bowls, listening to folk music.

Portsmouth Mon 20-Jul-15 17:48:14

I have not seen anything else either and I'm the local manager! Can someone fill us in on local meetings?

Portsmouth Fri 31-Jul-15 15:50:19

How did it go?

Terri Tue 04-Aug-15 21:23:21

Our meetings are going very well,a lovely bunch of ladies and a warm welcome awaits for anyone who would like to join us.Our next meeting is 13th August,Thursday at 10.30 in the Denmead Queen,Waterlooville.

Portsmouth Fri 07-Aug-15 13:24:31

There is a lot of events happening in Portsmouth this weekend. The Funky Town Fest at the Guildhall Square is a free family event on Sunday 9 August. And then there are 2 days of Thai Festival this weekend, which is always a lot of fun.

Portsmouth Fri 07-Aug-15 13:25:37

Here's a photo from last year's Funky Town Festival.

carrieh Mon 23-Nov-15 13:33:31

I live in Widley and really wish I could meet other grans but my twin grandchildren who currently live with us have groups every morning. I can skip the occasional one but would have to bring them with me. If general consensus is 'no', that's fine but then, if anyone might be prepared to come to mine one afternoon, put up with toys, noise and mess, please let me know! Understandable if not, though smile

I started a quilting group several years ago, along with a friend, if anyone is interested in that sort of thing; we meet at Denmead Community Centre on a Wed evening, just to sew and talk - variety of ages and nice people. Contact me for me info if you are interested .