Gransnet forums

Local

hello highlands and Islands

(13 Posts)
Thistledoo Wed 10-Apr-13 09:07:31

Hi, is there anyone out there. Hope I am not the only Gransnetter in this area. Beautiful day here in Inverness, although a bit cold. I would love to hear from someone. smile

TriciaX Thu 11-Apr-13 17:05:29

Sadly not in Inverness but I love the town. Live in Oxfordshire now. Was born in Wick and lived for a while in Inverness. Was up there last year.
smile

Thistledoo Fri 12-Apr-13 08:56:29

good morning Triciax How nice it was to hear from you. Beautiful day here in Inverness, and quite mild, not for long as we have snow forecast.
Where did you live in Inverness? I have been to Wick a few times but cannot say I know it well. How do you get on with a highland accent in sunny Oxfordshire? Thank you very much for replying to my post. Hope to hear from you again. flowers

Hebs Thu 12-Sep-13 15:10:19

Hello Thistledoo, I have just joined Gransnet, I think you may be the nearest person to me, I live in North Uist. Inverness is the nearest city to me, We love getting the ferry to go there.smile

Megadancer Thu 24-Oct-13 09:39:06

Hi
I live in Balloch. Guess there aren't many of us here in the Inverness area yet! But maybe more will join in soon.

Granny1sland Fri 31-Jul-15 17:01:59

Certainly doesn't seem to be much happening in Gransnet in Highlands and Islands. Time to try again?

I'm new to Gransnet, living on one of the Orkney islands

greatgrandma Wed 26-Aug-15 16:38:04

Perhaps we could bring this thread to life again. I am from Dornoch, 45 miles from Inverness. Lovely place to live although the weather can be unpredictable. There must be more gransnetters around. Would be nice to hear from some.

Tizliz Mon 04-Jan-16 18:12:01

Just having a wander round the site and found the local area. Tend to come here just now and again.

I am from Bonar Bridge and work at Lairg.

Weather is a bit grotty today, can't wait for longer days.

Tizliz Thu 03-Nov-16 18:06:49

As Gransnet are pushing local sites I thought I would try posting again.

I have been here 11 years now and beginning to settle in! I have just joined the committee for the local Highland Games, makes this my 3rd committee - bit of a sucker I know.

What local events do others get involved in?

Collearn Fri 09-Dec-16 09:56:09

Hi
Don't see too many Scottish grannies on this net. I'm in Perthshire so a bit away from you but my SIL lives in Bettyill and we try to get up once a year to visit.
It's a bit driech down here today, but looking forward to the Christmas hols.

kw17 Tue 21-Mar-17 20:17:29

Hello

Looking for people to meet up for coffee.
I am in Orkney.

Tizliz Wed 05-Apr-17 14:22:02

Hi kw17, Orkney is a bit far for me - I run a business in Lairg and whilst I have plenty of free time I don't like leaving my dogs for too long.

Tizliz Wed 30-Aug-17 14:14:27

Don't know if anyone reads here but I would like to tell everyone about the last Highland Games of the year at Invercharron on 16th Sept. All details here:

www.invercharronhighlandgames.co.uk/index

If you do come, pop into the secretary's tent to say hello.