Gransnet forums

Local

Lonely

(19 Posts)
scottydownsouth Thu 11-Apr-13 20:28:07

It takes time for a new site to get populated but I am getting a bit lonely in here on my own, would anyone like to join me?

JanKernow Fri 12-Apr-13 07:39:37

I'm happy to join you scottydownsouth how are you doing?

scottydownsouth Sat 13-Apr-13 11:19:16

I have to admit to getting a little bit excited at getting a reply. Glad to have your company.

JanKernow Sat 13-Apr-13 23:38:54

It only takes one to get it going, well done you for starting it off...smile

Divawithattitude Sun 21-Apr-13 19:38:17

hi Ladies,another Cornish lass here, looking for some company.

JanKernow Sun 21-Apr-13 21:36:21

Hi Divawithattitude, pleased to have another Cornish lass on the forum smile

scottydownsouth Mon 22-Apr-13 11:17:56

Love the name Divawithattitude and welcome. What part of the county are you in? I am in Whitstone in the North about 10 miles from Bude.

peasantfarmer Mon 22-Apr-13 13:01:30

hi Cornish maid looking for company

scottydownsouth Mon 22-Apr-13 19:16:58

Hello peasantfarmer and welcome to our small gathering which hopefully will not take too long to grow. When we have a few more people join we shall have to try getting together. Are you a born and bred Cornish maid? As you can probably tell from my name I originally hail from north of the border.

peasantfarmer Mon 22-Apr-13 20:11:41

Hello scottydownsouth yes I am Cornish born and bred though my mum was from over the border she has lived here for 68 years so is almost local.

Divawithattitude Sat 27-Apr-13 23:10:56

I am in SE Cornwall, near LAunceston

scottydownsouth Sun 28-Apr-13 12:21:01

You can't be that far from me then Divawithattitude. We were in Launceston on Friday night watching The Kernow King. First time I had seen him, very funny guy.

peasantfarmer Mon 29-Apr-13 17:27:49

Oh dear I think you all live a long way from me I'm down on the edge of the wild West.

JanKernow Wed 01-May-13 15:44:51

I live in East Cornwall, looks as though we have the borderline covered smile

dahlia Mon 17-Jun-13 16:34:15

I am in the south, outside Penryn. Having retired two years ago, I have found it hard to find something interesting/worthwhile to do locally, but I am now a volunteer with both the National Trust and Age UK, which seem to fill the bill nicely. I still find time on my hands which I don't always want to fill dusting and keeping the biscuit tin filled, but I wouldn't go back to work again despite a limited budget.
It's good to have this local site, and I hope to hear from some of you locals or incomers. brew

scottydownsouth Tue 18-Jun-13 13:53:36

Welcome Dahlia, well you do seem to be keeping yourself busy. Are you one of those knowledgable people I am in awe of when visiting an NT House or do you get down and get dirty with some of the clearance projects. I quite agree that it is not just about keeping busy but also doing something which may benefit others.
Peasantfarmer is in the 'Wild West' so is probably closer to you than any of the other gransnetters on here. There are only a few of us so far so pass the word to your friends on our facebook and twitter pages and join in the conversations.

janreb Sat 14-Dec-13 19:23:18

I'm in Bodmin so that's the middle bit covered too!

Spot Mon 10-Oct-16 13:39:49

Actually live in MK now, where I don't know anyone. Just got my senior rail card so intend to escape to Cornwall now and again. Have always loved it and want to live there one day. Hubbie is younger than me ;) so have to wait another 10 years before he retires and maybe we can move there. Would like to get to know people in Cornwall instead of just being a tourist.

Mykuppatea Sat 11-Feb-17 13:58:35

And I am from Bude... A nice line we are drawing along that boundary ! New to gransnet