Gransnet forums

Local

How many Grandchildren is a nice number to have?

(4 Posts)
GransMT Mon 15-Apr-13 21:19:38

I have 4 children and if they all go ahead and have 4 children like me then I'll have 16 grand kids. Yikes - that would be quite expensive re birthdays/Christmas etc. As yet I've just got 2 grandchildren and they are an absolute delight - what do others think?

Walker Wed 17-Apr-13 21:48:03

You can never have too many. You just have to buy less expensive presents the more you get so you can afford to buy for them all!

GinnyTonic Sat 27-Apr-13 05:41:39

I've only got one, as yet, so of course that's the perfect number. smile It's not something we have a lot of control over!

liminetta Sat 25-May-13 22:20:47

I have just two grandchildren, and enjoy them immensely; but now they are teenagers, they are becoming terribly expensive as my daughter is a single parent and working to pay a mortgage, (and everything else!), I have taken upon myself to finance some of their hobbies and interests.Music,drama, Kung Fu,(or is it JU-Jit_Su?); Guideing;etc. Ime afraid I couldn't afford to do all this for them, if there were any more grandchildren, but I do get a lot of pleasure in seeing them develop their talents.And it keeps them off the computer(that's my domain at present!),and away from the television, and social media......They are really lucky to have me........as I keep telling them. Ha, Ha!