Gransnet forums

Local

North-west meet-up in May?

(15 Posts)
whenim64 Fri 26-Apr-13 10:31:31

I'll post this on the main forum, too. Does anyone want to suggest a venue that is better for them? We have met centrally, around the vicinity of the M60 in Denton and the Trafford Centre, for previous meet-ups. Who wants to meet up in May? All welcome! smile

pattieb Fri 07-Mar-14 11:53:28

I'm interested in a meetup
I don't mind where
Hope to see you all soon

pattieb Fri 07-Mar-14 11:55:03

Ooops
Just realised i am a year late blush

kaka Thu 17-Apr-14 21:00:37

Is there no group in manchester now

Geraldine62 Mon 02-Jun-14 10:41:35

I'm really surprised that there are not more Grans in the Manchester group shockC'mon ladies and gents we are Age Friendly Manchester! I would love to attend a meet up, let's start swapping info as to what is going on in and around this great city of ours whose with me??smile hmm

chicken Wed 04-Jun-14 13:58:22

Hi Geraldine, I would be interested in a meetup. I'm hoping to get the Rochdale local site a bit more active. It would be lovely to meet up with some gransnetters and see if we can come with ideas on how to drum up a bit of interest on the local sites in the area. Would have to be central Manchester for me though hmm, I'd get lost going any further afield grin

And Kaka and pattieb too?

Nelliemoser Wed 04-Jun-14 15:59:01

We have a proposal for June look on the other "Meet up" threads.

chicken Thu 05-Jun-14 16:07:04

Hi Nellie, which threads that? I can't find any more threads. Have you a link?

Geraldine62 Thu 05-Jun-14 18:09:52

Hi Chicken & Nelliemoser,
I'm with you on that one Chicken, I couldn't find it either??/ give us a clue Nelliemoser. pretty please smile
Manchester sounds good to me there are so many fantastic places of which I will start listing over the next few days!
So C'mon ladies spread the word! wink

Geraldine62 Thu 05-Jun-14 18:26:01

Hi Chicken I just found it, the thread Nelliemoser was talking about is :
on the main Gransnet.com site under Forums- meetups (143), 2 pages long.

It doesn't look like a date has been arranged yet though! wink

chicken Sat 07-Jun-14 13:53:34

OK, thank you Geraldine, I will go over and see if I can find it smile

Geraldine62 Sun 08-Jun-14 18:26:00

Hey Greater Manchester Ladies and beyond, Take a look at the latest listing under a great place to go!
'Twas a nod to you there Chicken, as it's right beside the Rochdale Canal, great place to meet up in the future! wink smile

Nelliemoser Mon 09-Jun-14 11:55:08

This is the link folks.

www.gransnet.com/forums/meetups/1206593-North-West-Meet-up

Geraldine62 Tue 10-Jun-14 07:31:01

Thanks for that Nellie,
Unfortunately I work part-time and do a bit of volunteering too, so weekdays for a meet-up are out for me, well until August then I will have more free time due to redundancy!! hmm

never2old Wed 11-Jun-14 21:22:40

Hi Geraldine, Yes Dukes 92 looks nice, I had a look at their website. I'll get practising on my bike, see if I can pedal a bit faster and get there in time for lunch smile, though I think the tram might be faster. [hmmm]

Thank you Nellie for the link. The Trafford Centre is a bit too far for me, so I'll give it a miss this time but hope you all have a good time there.

I changed my username by the way, previously known as Chicken. Was a spur of the moment name last year, but have kind of regretted it ever since.