Gransnet forums

Local

Is there anyone out there?

(30 Posts)
Movedalot Tue 07-May-13 12:49:45

Some time ago I suggested to GNHQ that they merge the 3 counties but I haven't heard any more. I would hope that would be a way of getting more of us together.

If you are out there and would like a meetup let me know.

Regards

Moved

elvira Fri 07-Nov-14 18:08:19

Hi All

I'm the new Editor for Herefordshire. I am a mother and grandmother and live near Leominster. I can see there's plenty of enthusiasm for meeting up so perhaps we can get together before Christmas? Would Leominster be good for you? Would you prefer morning or afternoon? Please let me know and we can arrange our first GNLHerefordshire meeting.

eledbury Fri 31-Oct-14 20:20:44

There are gransnetters nearer to you than me; hope she gets in touch soon. When I've a free moment I'll be in touch properly smile

Kirstyjennings Fri 05-Sep-14 15:00:40

Hi there, just reading the top comment about merging the three counties, I think that would be wonderful!

Did any of you get a chance to meet up?

My name is Kirsty, I live in Malvern and I'm hoping to be the new editor of the Herefordshire site, so I'd love to hear back from all of you.

I shall be researching/visiting some places in Herefordshire in the near future so check back!

madcatlady Sat 31-May-14 03:09:06

Hiya. Eledbury.. just found gransnet ! having a browse and got here. Is there anyone still posting on here lol. I live in hereford but work nearer leominster. Ledbury lovely... I geocache around there sometimes.

eledbury Fri 30-May-14 16:54:38

We really must do SOMETHING now the good weather's here; any suggestions??

ButlerandParker Wed 28-May-14 18:27:07

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Nonnie Thu 20-Mar-14 13:00:32

Hi All

Anyone want to arrange something? I'm very mobile and can get to most places.

Regards

Nonnie

wurzelnan Wed 19-Mar-14 12:32:17

Hi, I am a grandmother of 4 and stepgrandmother of 2 at the moment.
Another grandchild due later in the year. I live near vowchurch.

DebW Thu 27-Feb-14 14:24:20

Hello there! Am reasonably new to Herefordshire, and even newer to being a granny.
We moved to Kingstone last May, and our grandson was born December 20, six weeks early.
Had no idea this site existed.... smile

eledbury Mon 16-Dec-13 17:21:18

Hi there ColwallGirl. Are you in Colwall because there are vtwo0 more Gransnetters near you!!

eledbury Mon 16-Dec-13 17:19:59

Just found this thread again......................anyone out there??

Mishap Sun 24-Nov-13 22:16:30

Didn't know there was a Herefordshire group - hello there!

Not a lot of activity here by the looks of things!

ColwallGirl Fri 12-Jul-13 22:41:22

Good idea! I shall probably pop into Leominster some time next week any way - now that I've given myself the idea!

As regards a get together with others, the only day I couldn't do would be a Tuesday.

HildaW Sat 06-Jul-13 16:47:20

Main car park in Leominster is just off Broad Street by the Leominster Fire Station so very easy to find. All day parking coast £1.50!!
Lets just see if anyone else wants to join in but I would be able to do most days except Mons or Fridays!

ColwallGirl Fri 05-Jul-13 22:34:24

Me too! Can't go to Craven Arms and not pop into Tuffins or the charity book shop.

It would be lovely to meet up. From the 15th of this month I don't have anything planned. I leave it to you as to when and where we should meet. Its a while since I've been into Leominster so will need some basic directions for finding a car park.

Sounds fun!

HildaW Fri 05-Jul-13 19:45:06

Aha, know Craven Arms, a funny little place but we are addicted to Harry Tuffens!

Well, I'd be happy with a meet up in Leominster at any time...am not that confident a driver but Leominster I can make!

ColwallGirl Fri 05-Jul-13 09:57:44

Thats a shame. I'm always happy to come to Leominster as I often go on up to Craven Arms to see my granddaughter.

HildaW Tue 02-Jul-13 14:33:26

Nothing has happened as yet ColwallGirl - think we are a bit thinly spread.

ColwallGirl Fri 28-Jun-13 23:00:41

A bit late I know but I'm out here! I'm a new Gransnet member and would like to meet others from Herefordshire.
Did you manage to meet up with one another? Ledbury is my nearest town. Leominster tea rooms and antique shops sound very inviting!

HildaW Sat 18-May-13 15:38:04

eledbury, yes we need to find a few more....I'm not sure where everyone is as yet.

eledbury Sat 18-May-13 14:41:10

HildaW perhaps movedalot and I can meet you in Leominster, the tea shops sound a good idea!! Is there anyone else out there??

HildaW Fri 17-May-13 15:23:33

having looked,should have done that first..! Would have to change at Hereford. I could do Ludlow or Hereford with ease....lets see who else wants to join in.

HildaW Fri 17-May-13 15:19:21

Movedalot, Ledbury not ideal as I am a useless driver....will look into trains .....I have nothing too important in June at the moment.

Movedalot Thu 16-May-13 16:34:50

Hilda perhaps Ledbury would be half way between us? My diary slows down a bit, from frantic, in June. Would you like to suggest some dates?

HildaW Wed 15-May-13 13:33:49

Which is great for lots of little antique shops and odd little tea rooms.....to the point that there was a 'Bargain Hunt' filmed there last year.