Gransnet forums

Local

June coffee and cake

(61 Posts)
Elegran Tue 21-May-13 09:06:12

Now that we have had ten days to digest the afternoon tea in the Nat Gall cafe, it is time to plan the next.

What do you say to Saturday 9th June? Do we want the same venue or a change of scenery? The free wi-fi got no use at all at the Gallery, so we don't need to consider that. How about the Royal Overseas League? It is on Princes St and has windows looking over the gardens to the castle.

Granny23 Sat 15-Jun-13 20:34:44

Many thanks to Elegranfor all the trouble she took to organise another successful get together for us. Good job we did not opt for 'picnic in the gardens', as Edinburgh was rather wet and windy today. We were nice and cosy in ROL.

Elegran Sat 15-Jun-13 22:17:34

what a relief that the scaffolding was outside the Edinburgh Room, not the restaurant where was sat. Our view of the castle was unhindered (and we could hear the loudspeaker down at the Ross Bandstand. No idea what was going on, though.)

Elegran Sat 15-Jun-13 22:18:31

Should have typed where we sat.

Newleaseoflife Mon 17-Jun-13 08:52:47

To all you lovely ladies. Missed you on Saturday -brother in law passed away this morning at4.30am. A real blessing.

Elegran Mon 17-Jun-13 09:01:47

We missed you too, Newlease but we thought of you. He is in a better place now, and you can stop worrying about him.

Gally Mon 17-Jun-13 11:36:35

Thanks Elegran for arranging the day. It was good to see everyone again and hopefully next time there will be more of us.

Elegran Mon 17-Jun-13 12:24:30

Thank you all for turning up. It is always a worry when you start to arrange something that no-one will come. however I think we have proved that the Scottish grans ara usually up for some good food and a blether.

GeminiJen Fri 22-Nov-13 14:30:27

Dear Elegran
I'm a newbie to this site so still fumbling my way around.
I responded to your suggestion for a meetup on Sat Nov 30...but can't find the thread again. Is this still going ahead?
All the best
Jennifer.

Granny2annie Thu 19-May-16 10:23:56

Would like to join you ladies at some point, although on holiday on 15th. Perhaps next time?

Spex Thu 19-May-16 15:48:18

Sadly those posts were dated 2013! Sorry Granny2annie but you've missed it. I bet Elegran will have a cunning new plan though...