Gransnet forums

Local

Meet Up on 17th July for Traditional Afternoon Tea

(10 Posts)
Seagazer Tue 16-Jul-13 13:28:26

Thanks June, I just felt trebly welcome.
See you tomorrow smile

juneh Tue 16-Jul-13 09:10:06

Apologies for the 3 emails above I did it last night on my little Nexus and kept thinking it hadn't gone through.
blush

juneh Mon 15-Jul-13 22:40:43

There is a photo of me on my face book page as June Heathcote otherwise I am your average grey haired and chubby 69 year old. I will wear a name badge. I am thinking that there are about 8 of and yes we are at Badgers at 2.30 also I suspect we will be near the entrance.We are all in the same boat meeting new folks, looking forward to it. :-)

juneh Mon 15-Jul-13 22:39:25

There is a photo of me on my face book page as June Heathcote otherwise I am your average grey haired and chubby 69 year old. I will wear a name badge. I am thinking that there are about 8 of and yes we are at Badgers at 2.30 also I suspect we will be near the entrance.We are all in the same boat meeting new folks, looking forward to it. :-)

juneh Mon 15-Jul-13 22:38:24

Seagazer Mon 15-Jul-13 21:16:18

Hi juneh,
I'm hoping to get along on Wednesday - can you confirm please that it is still on, 2:30 on Wednesday at Badgers?! How will I know you?

Gala Mon 15-Jul-13 18:32:00

Sorry for delay in replying - had a long weekend away. If my Wednesday plans fall through can I come along at the last minute? Will keep in touch anyway.

juneh Thu 11-Jul-13 21:01:13

Yes indeed. You are very welcome. What a shame you can't come on that day. Badgers is giving a great discount. The whole idea of the meet up is to make new friends especially if you are new to the area. Keep in touch we will be having more meeting.

Gala Thu 11-Jul-13 19:56:31

I seem to have inadvertently joined up - I'm over 50 but not a bona fide gran.... Still waiting for my sons' biological clocks to kick in. Can I still be part of this? I still have this trouble on fb, liking & sharing all the wrong things. However, to quote Manuel "I learn, I learn". I would've liked to have joined you on the 17th but have plans for that day - but def another time. We have (fairly) recently retired & moved to Llandudno, so I'd really appreciate the opportunity meet new people.

juneh Thu 11-Jul-13 08:29:32

It seems I have dropped a clanger and should be saying Wednesday 17th not Thursday.
Hey Ho!
Badgers Tearooms are tea giving us a discounted price so hope to see you all there, don't forget to let me have your names
blush