Gransnet forums

Local

Traditional afternoon tea

(16 Posts)
juneh Wed 24-Jul-13 14:06:01

Ok sorry you won't be there I will just make my way and hope for the best have a good summer with your grandchildren. I am off to Cornwall to see mine on 14th for a week. smile

SueG Tue 23-Jul-13 22:56:42

That would be good to meet on 6th - fingers crossed everyone can make it.
We'll be on our way to Wales on Monday (complete with grandchildren) so I won't be able to go to Zumba but Gill from next door but one is planning on going - 'fraid I don't have her tel.no.but if you don't contact her you'll see her there. Not sure when I'll be able to go again as school hols cause a bit of disruption but I'll keep in touch. Keep up with the swimming!

juneh Tue 23-Jul-13 21:21:59

Although very nervous the swimming lesson went very well. It's a while since I took my feet off the bottom but the floating etc was the most nerve wracking.
I think the 6th will be the one I go for. I will come to the zumba next week do you want me to pick you up. Are you going?

SueG Tue 23-Jul-13 17:33:01

Sept 6th would suit me better, but see which is the more popular date with everyone else.
Forgot to mention Gala was at the Zumba class and she and the other ladies made us feel very welcome. Clare, the instructor was lovely and also her mum who is 80 and goes to 2 classes a week...so...there's hope for us all!
Hope your first swimming class went well. I had one to one lessons quite a number of years ago and I think it's the best way to learn - you can't hide behind anyone else!

juneh Tue 23-Jul-13 14:08:05

Am off to my first swimming lesson at 5pm today, got to dig out an old costume, private lesson, not sure if that is good or bad.
Will do the zumba next week but had a bad knee so thought it wouldn't do me any good. Sounds great though and more up my street than anything too heavy.
I am happy to change the date to Sept 6th if that is preferable as no one has a name down yet. How would that be?

SueG Tue 23-Jul-13 10:09:17

Definitely no lycra at Zumba. I wore a sleeveless top and baggy cropped trousers and didn't feel out of place. I went with one of the neighbours you met at Badgers. She is going next week (she told me to tell you to go) but is on holiday the following 2 weeks. Good luck with the swimming lessons - bet you'll feel better for the exercise. Just noticed the new date for the next meetup and am really sorry I can't make it. The Friday before and the one after would be ok but I don't expect you to make any changes as anything can happen. There'll be plenty of other times. See you soon.

juneh Tue 23-Jul-13 09:00:34

Hi SueG thanks for letting me know. Happy to report I have made the call to a swimming instructor and having my first lesson tonight.
It's great the Zumba went well and yes all being well I can be there as long as I don't have to wear licra hmm
I definitely need to get a bit fitter. Did you go with Gala?
smile

SueG Mon 22-Jul-13 19:38:12

Thanks to Gala for introducing us to Zumba Gold. Two of us went along this morning and really enjoyed our first class. Apparently the Zumba "Gold" is low intensity compared to the original Zumba movements. If I can do it anyone can. There is no hauling ourselves up from floor exercises - just taking steps and stretching to music that inspires us to move! Looking forward to the next session. June, you must give it a try - perhaps next week?

juneh Fri 19-Jul-13 05:57:09

Hi to Granny 5 so glad you came and realised I didn't get to say bye to you as I rushed out to move my car. Have you seen the photograph on Gransnet face book page with you obligingly eating a sandwich for the photo? I would have liked to spread myself out more and maybe next time we will sit around a short fat table rather than a long thin one.
I hope your friend enjoyed it, what was her name? smile
If you want to go to the fb page there is a set of little boxes top right the fb will take you straight to our page.
hope to see you again soon

juneh Thu 18-Jul-13 16:19:00

Thanks Gala for the reminder, I suspect that I will force myself to the Zumba as I know it will do me good bringing a glow of self satisfaction afterwards, even though during I will feel the burn several times over. Hope to see you there, a friendly face will encourage.
grin

Gala Thu 18-Jul-13 16:00:45

Just a reminder for those interested in the Zumba & aquaerobics classes - Zumba is 10 am on Mondays at Craig y Don community centre. It's £4 for 3/4 hour. It's the gold class - not as frantic. Aquaerobics is Fridays 12.40 at Llandudno pool, free to 'senior citizens' but you do need a Conwy ffit card which you can get from the swimming pool or any Conwy leisure centre (and probably other places I don't know about).

juneh Wed 17-Jul-13 22:32:52

I fancy the zumba class will prob end up a blob of grease in this heat. I was pleased the way it worked out

SueG Wed 17-Jul-13 21:16:14

Thanks for all your organisation June - we all had a lovely time this afternoon. Really good to meet so many like-minded ladies. Looks like a few of us are going to give Zumba a try and who knows what else the future holds?! Looking forward to the next meet-up.

juneh Wed 17-Jul-13 20:09:22

Thanks to you ladies for making it work. I am so looking forward to meeting again and suggest the end of August and will let you all know.
I will advertise it again both on here and in the local paper so we may get some more seeking to join. In the mean time we could chat on here. I check in every day, up to now I have been talking to myself on some occasions.
smile

Gala Wed 17-Jul-13 19:51:41

Lovely to meet to everyone and looking forward to the next one. Many thanks to June for setting this all up.

Granny5 Wed 17-Jul-13 19:28:41

I would like to say thank you to all the ladies at this afternoons tea in Badgers cafe, for making me feel so welcome. I'm sorry I had to dash, but I really did have a lovely time.(smile) I can't wait until we all meet again.