Gransnet forums

Local

Anyone in Essex want to meet up?

(35 Posts)
Pittcity Mon 29-Jul-13 14:10:07

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Pittcity Sun 09-Feb-14 10:34:15

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

copywriterjo Thu 13-Feb-14 14:11:27

Chelmsford Gransnet is now up and running and getting populated slowly, but surely.

This is your forum, your chance to set the agenda. Feel free to start a discussion about any topic of your choice.

If you are a grandmother and would like to lead or take part in a Gransnet meet-up group, please get in touch by replying to this thread.

It'll be a chance to meet other local grandmothers or those working with older people. You don't have to be over 60, you can be any age. Whatever time of day, we can enjoy wine brew cupcake

People new to the area are particularly welcome. smile

Carolebarrel Sun 02-Mar-14 12:19:51

Happy Sunday everyone. I've browsed Gransnet many times, and it looks interesting and inspiring, so thought it would be fun to join in. This is my first local post. I'm in good old Chelmsford - is anyone else?

Pittcity Sun 02-Mar-14 12:52:52

Hi carolebarrel and welcome. I am in Colchester and the editor of the Colchester pages, copywriterjo is the Chelmsford editor.
The local forums are getting going slowly so we look forward to your input and remember that you can add or review your favourite local stuff using the categories on the left of the page.

Carolebarrel Sun 02-Mar-14 12:58:51

Many thanks for your quick response Pittcity! Looking forward to it. (Interesting nickname!)

Pittcity Sun 02-Mar-14 14:33:30

It's because our surname is Pitt and our house is like Piccadilly Circus. It has been our nickname since the dawn of the internet and I use it to post everywhere.....

Belle5 Tue 04-Mar-14 18:12:36

Hello everyone, I am a newbie too...also in Chelmsford smile

copywriterjo Thu 06-Mar-14 09:08:35

Greetings Belle5 and Carolebarrel - thanks for taking part in the new Gransnet Chelmsford site.

I would love to talk or hook up with you both, would you like to meet for a coffee in Chelmsford one day or somewhere local to you both?

I am starting up the Chelmsford site so would love to have your thoughts on it and to know more about what you'd like to see included and discussed for example on these forums!

Hope to hear from you!
Jo

Belle5 Thu 06-Mar-14 10:06:00

Hi Jo, yes would be nice to meet up for coffee in Chelmsford and have a chat smile

copywriterjo Thu 06-Mar-14 11:06:52

Fab, I'll wait to hear from Carol and then we can arrange a date!

Feel free too to list something if you are aware of anything you think that's important to include on Gransnet! I'm getting there slowly but surely!

Jo xx

Belle5 Thu 06-Mar-14 13:01:21

Hi Jo...great! Look forward to it smile I am hosting a pamper & shopping event on Sat 15th...can I list that? Keep up the good work!

copywriterjo Thu 06-Mar-14 14:47:21

yes do list away!

Carolebarrel Thu 06-Mar-14 19:48:02

Hi copywriterjo and Belle5. I'm so pleased to hear from you both. I thought I was the only granny in Chelmsford! I too would love to chat, or meet up. I'm working but can hopefully fit in with you both. what a great idea Gransnet is.

copywriterjo Fri 07-Mar-14 09:29:10

Fantastic both! I'll be in touch via private message.

Carolebarrel Mon 10-Mar-14 18:35:02

Hi everyone! It was lovely to speak to editorjo this afternoon, and talk about the possibility of a meet up in chelmsford very soon. Spread the word! It would be great to have a strong group here. Anyone else interested?

copywriterjo Tue 11-Mar-14 09:01:10

First Chelmsford meetup! (CM postcodes, and others)

Morning everyone! We have lift off! We have a date, a time and a venue... now all we need is the cake... and bubbly (although bit early for that!)

Saturday 22nd March, 11am, at Baroosh in central Chelmsford. It is opposite the entrance to the Quadrant, which is a great shopping venue for the over 50s! - bonus!). Baroosh has comfy sofas, polite staff and is an over 21s venue.

Please spread the word! And get ready to meet new like-minded folk in your area!

Hip hip hurrah!

www.baroosh.co.uk/chelmsford/chelmsford-events.html

Pittcity Tue 11-Mar-14 11:13:36

I have put the date in my diary and hope to meet you all there.
I will also spread the word in Colchester as meetings here have not got off the ground yet.sad

Belle5 Tue 11-Mar-14 15:40:18

See you there!

Carolebarrel Tue 11-Mar-14 16:32:06

Me too!

copywriterjo Sat 15-Mar-14 17:50:43

Fab Carol and Belle, and Caroline in Colchester!

Please tell all your friends, colleagues or neighbours and bring along anyone else who'd like to join in our meetup group.

It's not exclusive to the over 50s or grandparents. I spoke on Chelmsford community radio last week and one grandfather working there expressed interest too!

Enjoy this glorious weather we're having!

Jo

Pittcity Mon 17-Mar-14 11:41:46

Desertmum from Colchester is coming along too.

dallydeb Mon 17-Mar-14 22:42:04

Hello
Are there any 'gransnetters' from the Canvey Island area?

copywriterjo Tue 18-Mar-14 09:30:11

Hey Debra, not sure if there are more gransnetters from Canvey Island area, but we'd love you to join us come what may!

We could always come your way another time in the future!
Hope to meet you soon!

Jo

Catsprotection Thu 01-May-14 19:42:23

Hi all,

Found this fabulous website via Twitter and what a fantastic concept! Good luck with the Chelmsford one and sure the forums will be buzzing with on-line chatter soon! I will certainly spread the word at Chelmsford Cats Protection - I expect many of our volunteers would love to browse this site.

Are any of you crafters? We are seeking a craft stall for our annual summer Family Fun Day on Sat August 9th. Open Hours: 1100-1500

We have a calendar of events raising vital funds for cats in need so please do get in touch if you would like to be involved by helping out, attending or having a stall.

My email address is [email protected]

Meanwhile, good luck with Chelmsford Gransnet! :-)

Helen de Beresford
Branch Coordinator
Chelmsford Cats Protection