Gransnet forums

Local

meet ups

(21 Posts)
page Wed 01-Apr-15 17:32:54

Hi I have just joined the local Gransnet site, I live in Weymouth, are there any other gransnet members in Weymouth?... because it is a bit of the beaten track it isn't always easy to travel if you haven't got a car. But there is the train and Jurassic coastal bus if the meet ups are in Poole, otherwise it means catching more buses into Bournemouth.by the time I got there you would have all gone home. Because Dorset is so sparse would it be a good idea to have a gransnet meet up for for West Dorset and another for East Dorset.

page Wed 01-Apr-15 17:30:42

Hi I have just joined the local Gransnet site, I live in Weymouth, are there any other gransnet members in Weymouth?... because it is a bit of the beaten track it isn't always easy to travel if you haven't got a car. But there is the train and Jurassic coastal bus if the meet ups are in Poole, otherwise it means catching more buses into Bournemouth.by the time I got there you would have all gone home. Because Dorset is so sparse would it be a good idea to have a gransnet meet up for for West Dorset and another for East Dorset.

Finch Mon 20-Oct-14 22:31:36

OK. I' m with it now. One is on the local site and one is on the main.grin

Finch Mon 20-Oct-14 22:27:27

It seems a bit confusing that this is another thread about the same meet-up. Should it be consolidated ?

moonshine Fri 17-Oct-14 21:08:26

Starlight will you be able to meet up this time?

Finch Mon 06-Oct-14 20:33:16

Bump

moonshine Mon 06-Oct-14 09:54:40

Yes good idea, I will do that thanks. My only problem is that my dad is very poorly, so if I set a date there is a chance I won't be able to attend. With this said I will meet you all at some point, it's just the timing. Hopefully I can make it, but just be aware...

Shall we suggest those dates you can make it Finch and see how that fits with others, then we can make it more definite when we know?

I will do a post now x

Finch Sun 05-Oct-14 12:33:07

I think it would be as well to flag this up on the main site Michelle. A lot of people don't come onto the local site.

Finch Fri 03-Oct-14 11:29:17

I could manage Thursday30th,Friday 31st and possibly Wednesday 29th if that is feasible for others.

moonshine Fri 03-Oct-14 09:35:37

Is anyone going to the meet today?

I am thinking we could plan a day at the end of October, same location?

Finch Thu 25-Sep-14 05:00:43

My car is in for its MOT that day but Westbourne would have been a perfect location for me. See you all another time hopefully.

Bluesky60 Wed 24-Sep-14 15:38:17

What a shame. Can,t do Fri mornings. Hope others can, and then arrange another time. Enjoy,u

moonshine Mon 22-Sep-14 21:55:35

Great idea starlight to name a date and time.
Unfortunately I am unable to make it but I hope some of the others will meet up with you.
cupcake

starlight Mon 22-Sep-14 20:10:54

Anyone fancy meeting in Starbucks Westbourne on Friday 3 October at 10.30 please let me know.

Bluesky60 Fri 12-Sep-14 16:10:41

Hi gransnetters. I,ve just signed up.been meaning to for ages. A meet up in Bournemouth would be good.

Finch Sat 30-Aug-14 18:06:00

I'm not local but am often in Westbourne and would love to meet-up if it coincides.

Maggie50 Sat 30-Aug-14 13:33:48

Hi, I am in Southbourne and would be happy to meet up.

susieb755 Wed 06-Aug-14 22:46:53

I am in Weymouth but happy to travel

moonshine Wed 06-Aug-14 13:27:39

Hi,

A meet up is a great idea and something i hope we can really build up on this site.

Perhaps if anyone fancies meeting they could add to this thread to give us an idea of how many and location?

Please do tell anyone you may know about this site!

Michelle cupcake

dorsetpennt Wed 06-Aug-14 13:18:05

Would love to know how many local GNers there are and maybe we could all meet up.

roxy27 Thu 01-Aug-13 21:39:15

Have there been any meet ups arranged in Poole?