Gransnet forums

Local

September Meet UP

(18 Posts)
SueG Mon 09-Sep-13 13:41:50

Coffee sounds a good idea but 'fraid it would have to be tomorrow (Tues) or Wednesday - we have to leave early on Thurs for a hospital appointment.

juneh Mon 09-Sep-13 09:56:40

Do you want to meet up for coffee this week sometime? I could check out with the others we could go to Forte's
June

SueG Sun 08-Sep-13 21:57:13

June, just seen on Facebook about next meeting date - sorry but we're off to Portugal early next morning & I won't be in Llandudno that day. Always the next one to look forward to.
Lynn (Gala) - thanks for telling me about the Derek Tangye videos etc - I thoroughly enjoyed watching them. We visited The Donkey Sanctuary at Sidmouth quite a few years ago and two of Derek & Jeannie's donkeys were there - all very nostalgic! Perhaps, June, there could be a 'discussion' about books we have read which have made a lasting impression...? Will be in touch. Sue

juneh Fri 06-Sep-13 21:16:21

Thanks all for coming and making it work. It is so lovely to be with a group of woman who seem find plenty to talk about.
I will post a new date for next month on here and go out there and test out some new venue. Well, someone gotta do it...

Gala Fri 06-Sep-13 21:00:41

Many thanks June for organising us into another nice get together. If it was up to me we'd still be awaiting decisions on when, where, who & what time. I cannot do choices/decisions these days.....more of a, yeh, whatever, sounds good. So thanks again. By the by, re Penrhyn library, I'm not much of a committee person but am happy to be a foot soldier if there's anything practical that needs hands on.
Sue - have just had a nostalgic hour or two on t'internet looking up Derek Tangye & YouTube videos of Cornwall. There's some good ones of Minack theatre which is a magical place. Think I'll have to reread the books. They lived near Lamorna Cove by the way . Gala(Lyn)

SueG Fri 06-Sep-13 19:40:15

Thanks June for organising yet another really enjoyable meetup at Venue Cymru. The food, surroundings and ladies who turned up all contributed to another brilliant get together. It was good to see new members - wonder how many will be turning up a year from now?! Keep up the good work!!
PS Just seen photos on Facebook - they turned out really well!

juneh Mon 02-Sep-13 10:28:54

Dear All please forgive me if I have written to you via email before I looked on here to check if you were coming.
I always get a bit churned up prior to the get to-gethers in case I am sitting there waiting on my own.
Good to hear from you all
grin

SueG Sun 01-Sep-13 22:01:50

Hi June - Glad you managed to get to Cornwall and had a brilliant time with your granddaughters - bet that was a real tonic for your knee! I haven't seen Gill and Chris for a week but Gill thought they would be going on Sept 6th. I'll be back in Wales on Wednesday and will be in touch then.

juneh Sat 31-Aug-13 19:25:01

Back from Cornwall and raring to get sorted for the get together on the 6th
Now I have to confirm numbers with the Venue Cymru restaurant but finding out who is coming has been a bit chaotic because I am still not so sure of numbers. Anyway will put that there are 12 and hope for the best could be less or more, however the more the merrier.smile

juneh Tue 27-Aug-13 23:53:32

That,s great news I will your name to the list. I am away in Cornwall until weekend seeing my grandchildren but looking forward to our next meet up. smile

JessM Tue 27-Aug-13 09:53:11

Hi june - as you may have gathered I am now here in MB and starting to settle in. Would like to attend on the 6th.

juneh Wed 21-Aug-13 18:23:10

So far we have about 8 people for our next meet-up and apart from accosting folks in the street I want you all to know if you know anyone who would benefit from this lovely time with people of like minds and plenty of chat, then let me know. Remember, they don't have to be on the internet that is why I put my invite in the paper. It is in the back of the North Wales Weekly News too just so that people who are not IT comfy can feel welcome too and also we are willing to help if they want to be as obsessed as me with the internet. (joke!)
Looking forward to seeing you.
smilegrin

juneh Fri 16-Aug-13 20:53:29

My knee is getting steadily better by the day however I know that I still cannot go to Cornwall for at least another week, so no zumba I am afraid. I will however venture to the swimming on Thursday as I think that's the safest don't want to muck it up before my trip.
I agree that the aches and pains are increasing as the years pass but hopefully the brain keeps going without creaks, zumba for the brain would be good. That might be a good class zumba for the brain music by Abba.
I am looking forward to the next one too, looks like we could have the same numbers.
By the way I have been thinking of offering some beginners classes for those who want to start with a computer, do you know anyone who might like to attend or even run the class.

Gala Fri 16-Aug-13 18:40:05

The trouble is the o***r we get the longer it takes for all these creaky aches & pains to get better/shrug off. I certainly hope they're not contagious - I know too many creaky people with different creaks to me! Going to give Zumba a go on Monday & hope for the best as am getting stir crazy. See you there. Looking forward to our next granny meet up.

SueG Tue 13-Aug-13 23:00:34

You can count me in, but if all these aches & pains are contagious think I'd better keep my distance - all this trying to ward off getting old is hitting back at us! Is Zumba off for the time being Gala? I'm hoping to be there next Mon - having totally forgotten the steps! Sorry about your Cornwall trip June - you must be very disappointed. Good to see you are keeping cheerful - and busy - with all your Gransnet/PB Library work. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

juneh Tue 13-Aug-13 20:10:14

Hello Gala lovely to hear from you, sorry to hear about your back, my progress is slow but at least I can walk now. Cannot however go across to Cornwall to see my darling granddaughters as I had hoped, should have been going tomorrow for a week.
Looks like I will be pushing it if I hope to go in another weeks time. Doc says 3 weeks rest. Fed up but hey ho! Gransnet keeping me occupied. Also Penrhyn Bay library group and a new facebook page to build. I am looking forward to seeing the gransnetters group again and this time
smile hopefully a glass of wine with our lunch on the 6th wine Hoping to get some new folks too.

Gala Tue 13-Aug-13 18:20:53

Will be there. Hope your knee improving with rest. I'm also hors de combat at the moment with an iffy lower back.....more enforced rest! Old age! Pah! x

juneh Tue 13-Aug-13 18:13:00

Next meet up is at the Venue Cymru Restaurant at 12 md on the 6th Sept with its wonderful views.
I have sussed out the menu and the prices are very reasonable and not too much to eat. Mind you saying that I haven't seen the sweet menu.
You can let me know in various ways one by sending a message from here, or my email [email protected]
I have booked it for 12 people but more or less will be fine
Looking forward to meeting up with familiar faces and new ones we are all looking to find new friends of like mines and similar ages.