Gransnet forums

Local

What's great about September

(6 Posts)
GransMT Thu 12-Sep-13 10:19:19

Hi there - anyone out there who loves September? If so - what's your reason? When I was a young girl I think I loved September because I went back to school then - I always enjoyed the fresh start. I have to say my reason when I had young children was that they went back to school then smile Not that I didn't love spending time with them - I think most parents/grandparents are ready for a rest if they have spent 6 weeks of summer entertaining them. Now although I have 2 young grandchildren I also have a business as well as other work and so don't do the full time looking after them like I did with my own children (that task falls on my daughter & son in law) although I know some grandparents do. Would love to hear from others - why do you love September?

Lyndysim Sat 12-Oct-13 20:41:29

I must admit to enjoying cooler mornings and evenings. I actually look forward to wearing warmer clothes, something rather comforting in the time when fleeces start to come out of the wardrobe!!
I also think the trees look great with their autumnal colours.

GransMT Wed 16-Oct-13 14:38:24

I agree with you about the trees looking great in autumn Lyndysim smile

juneh Thu 17-Oct-13 17:55:33

Sept means the mornings becoming a little chillier but the walks with my dog are a little fresher and when I get on the edge of the sea on Angel Bay (Little Orme) I love the wind in my face which wakes me up and seems to breath new life into me as it comes to the end of September then the mornings are darker and I don't go out until the sun starts to come up. I love those feelings of standing alone with only the dog for company and out before anyone else.
A bit antisocial me thinks! [thismile]

Wallygrom Sun 20-Oct-13 16:03:15

I have to say I love the sun and the heat of the summer but do love the crisp sunny mornings and the changing colours of the trees.....not so impressed by the dark evenings to come and the low sun in the sky that blinds you when driving. There is something psychological about Sept/Oct particularly with clock changes that makes me panic - #Christmasiscoming!
lol

liminetta Tue 22-Oct-13 23:44:03

I always look forward to the month of October.October always produces great weather.The air is sharper, and the trees grow golden, look stupendous with sun glinting through their leaves.I always get a sense of the climate lingering, pausing, before the severity of winter approaching as if savouring the last remnants of glorious mellow days.......Gosh! Ime feeing all poetic.....!blush