Gransnet forums

Local

Next Meet Up in Conwy for October

(11 Posts)
SueG Fri 04-Oct-13 23:10:31

Just been on fb to see if there is any news of today's meetup and pleased to see you had a good turnout. Shame about photos - good news of perhaps a Christmas 'do'? Really disappointed not to have been there with everyone - off to bed now - up at 4.00 am for 8.00am flight to Portugal. See you on the 15th - will be in touch. Sue

juneh Tue 24-Sep-13 14:32:39

Thanks for that I will remind you about the 15th when we meet on the 4th
Seagazer.

Seagazer Tue 24-Sep-13 11:37:39

Oh sorry June, I meant to say that yes I am looking forward to the 4th too smile

Seagazer Tue 24-Sep-13 11:31:59

I''ll put the 15th in my diary too but as June knows only too well that does not mean I will remember!!
Must be tough though, Sue, to have to go to Portugal so will do my best to be there to give you a bit of support grin.
Christine

SueG Fri 20-Sep-13 22:59:39

Good idea - look forward to it - Sue

juneh Fri 20-Sep-13 19:53:43

Lets go to the Characters Tea Room as you will miss it on the 4th
Do you want to do lunch at 12
smile

SueG Fri 20-Sep-13 18:45:58

Holiday cancelled - NOT !! Oct 15th sounds fine - the more the merrier - will be in touch nearer the time.

juneh Fri 20-Sep-13 15:29:46

I could meet you for a coffee on the 15th but not sure about anyone else. I could ask Christine and Sandra otherwise just us.
I am sorry too you cannot be there and really think you should cancel your holiday wink

SueG Fri 20-Sep-13 15:01:45

Really disappointed I won't be able to make the October meet-up but I do have Portugal - and hopefully some sun - the day after, to compensate. Perhaps a mini meet-up in the week beginning Oct 14 to give me a catch-up? I certainly enjoy our get togethers and already have made new friends & feel part of the local 'scene'.

juneh Fri 20-Sep-13 10:19:18

I wonder how I can shout out about our next meet up in Conwy for the over fifties who want to meet others and make new friends?
It must be the anonymity of the forums which is important and meeting face to face is a little daunting but believe me when I say, the meet-ups are a way of coming closer to people and bringing your life and problems to a place where others feel the same as you.
All of us in one way or another have faced issues in life that we believe at the time we will never recover from. However life doesn't stop, it keeps going, dragging us along often on our knees (metaphorically of course)
Every now and again we stumble but then someone gives us a hand and off we go again. That is how I see friendships they are the hand we sometimes need as we move along.
I don't mean acquaintances, I mean new found friendships that might last even if it's just one from the group on the day.
I know when I meet new people I get 'feelings' about someone, and think s/he and I could be friends, and there we go, we are off. Sometimes it takes a while to build up a level of trust and sometimes it's just wham bam and away we go.
Do come along and take a chance.

juneh Fri 13-Sep-13 19:16:28

Next get together for our gransnetters or should we call ourselves the Conwy Companions, is October 4th at 10-30 we can start with coffee and continue on to lunch if we fancy.
If you want to put your name down you can email me on here through the messaging service or write to me at [email protected]
We are a small steady group and hope that as time passes the group will become bigger and from it friendships will be formed.
Maybe as Sue suggests one of the gang, we should call ourselves Conwy Chatters because we are very good at it. smile