Gransnet forums

Local

Ladies ARE for turning as Mumsnet poll reveals collapse in female support for Tories

(5 Posts)
juneh Sat 19-Oct-13 21:44:50

it doesn't surprise me at all that woman are veering away from the selfish society model that the conservatives are demonstrating. I am disgusted by the lack of compassion for the poor and the helpless in our society. We as a nation must look after each other.
When we see someone in need we must think there but the grace of God go I and it makes me think how lucky I am to have gone in a way that made my life better whilst having personal struggles.
I know there are those out there who we might consider scroungers but they are a small percentage of society and we must not let the conservatives or selfservatives make materialism into a God.
We must constantly ask the question are we taking care of each other. So I can never side with this government. thlangry

Wayfinder Sat 19-Oct-13 20:28:31

I wonder if this swing is true for older women too? The popular Con stereotype is of the 'blue rinse brigade' which must be almost completely outmoded now!
How do women of the 'Gransnet' generation vote? Many of us grew up in the 60s and 70s, so have we kept our rebellious attitudes or have we become 'conservative'??
I have tended to swing between Labour and Lib Dem over the years. Not sure where I stand right now!

Wallygrom Sat 19-Oct-13 17:52:57

Its so difficult because I truly believe it depends on who you have locally and what they do for you as an individual because many people only vote on this basis....I do believe that condems are out of touch however I dont honestly think they are working together as effectively as we may be persuaded to believe! Unfortunately my own MP I have personal historical 'issues' with having known her personally for many many years, and despite the work she does for this area I would rather not vote than vote for her....sad but true....everyone clearly has a reason for voting or not one way or t'other! (rightly or wrongly)

Pittcity Thu 17-Oct-13 10:43:40

Whatever party you vote for will not be able to satisfy everyone. This has always been true throughout history.
I vote for my local MP because I think he is doing a good job for our town. I have never been happy with all of the polices of the national government, whoever they are and don't think I ever will.

YaYaJen Mon 16-Sep-13 09:15:56

Mumsnet has conducted an in-depth study into women's voting intentions - and the results make essential reading for the UK's politicians..

The poll found 42% of women now back Labour, compared with just 29% for the Tories and 11% for their Lib Dem Coalition partners. Among women aged 18-34 Labour are 25 points ahead.

And 46% of female voters say Cameron is the most out-of-touch, compared with 13% for Labour leader Ed ­Miliband and 9% for Lib Dem Nick Clegg.

Labour said the Conservatives were paying the price for policies that hit women such as cutting child benefit and closing Sure Start centres..

Do you think the Condems are out of touch? Would Labour be more woman & family friendly?