Gransnet forums

Local

how can we get more members?

(12 Posts)
Wallygrom Mon 11-Nov-13 18:51:01

We are considering a proper meet up for the New Year - everyone is so busy this time of year and some of us still work full time however as a stop gap for Bath, I am happy to arrange a meet up for the beginning of December for a coffee and cake if anyone is interested? As the manager of 3 sheltered housing schemes in Combe Down, Bath I have access to lounge and refreshments and facilities for tea/coffee.....if someone is happy to bring along cake (you gotta have cake!!) I am happy to host an hour or so get together at the scheme where you can meet other residents, all of whom are grandparents and I am trying to get them involved in Gransnet and myself of course and I have links with the WI and U3A who I am trying to 'sell' the idea to.
Anyone up for it? I will check my diary for potential dates but do let me know if you are interested.....and as an aside which is open to the public we are holding a Children in Need event on Wed 13th Nov if anyone wants to pop in as follows: local.gransnet.com/bath/fundraising-events/32201-bbc-children-in-need-event

Oldgreymare Mon 11-Nov-13 17:25:52

How come I've missed you Sandy217, where have you featured?

Sandy217 Mon 11-Nov-13 14:12:50

And I'm local editor for Somerset and it's the same with me. I'm trying to strike up some conversations but it seems people are shy smile. Perhaps we should be controversial? wink

Sandy

Wallygrom Mon 21-Oct-13 20:34:16

And I am visiting my grandchildren in Suffolk that weekend! :-)

Oldgreymare Sat 19-Oct-13 10:29:13

3oth Nov!

Oldgreymare Sat 19-Oct-13 10:28:52

I'd love to go but have tickets for Racing at Newbury on the 30th so couldn't manage to get there sad

Pittcity Sat 19-Oct-13 10:25:27

I am in Essex and am going to the Edinburgh meetup on 1st December.

Oldgreymare Sat 19-Oct-13 10:21:17

P.S Was in Exeter yesterday meeting other S.W. grans!

Oldgreymare Sat 19-Oct-13 10:20:31

I am involved with the Bristol group even tho' Bath is nearer, but only because I met several members from that group when we met up in Brum last year.
I would love to join the Bath group too!

penuccia Fri 18-Oct-13 11:07:07

the numbers certainly do not seem to be growing! If you look at the Wiltshire local forum, there is nothing at all!! I was hoping for something that was not anything to do with Facebook. So, let's think of a way to get more people involved. I am telling the people I know, but I would like to meet some new people as well. fingers crossed....

Wallygrom Sun 13-Oct-13 16:34:33

Well I have to say I am the local editor and its something both myself and other editors have been thinking about. Are you aware we also have a facebook page and Twitter following? I think from the analysis numbers are growing just perhaps not yet on the forum elements.

Thank you so much also for spreading the word and please feel free to join in on FB and Twitter conversations too!!

Kind regards
Dee - GransnetBath

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gransnet-Bath/156459387834836?ref=hl

penuccia Thu 03-Oct-13 14:16:19

I log in to Gransnet always hoping that there will be some new members but it looks as though there are only about 3 of us in this area! Wiltshire is even worse. I am trying to spread the word, as I think to have a website like this is such a nice idea. Any ideas how to get new members? smile