Gransnet forums

Local

Sussex meet-up? Let's make it happen!

(31 Posts)
Wayfinder Fri 04-Oct-13 21:17:26

As the editor of both Gransnet Local Worthing local.gransnet.com/worthing and Gransnet Local Brighton & Hove local.gransnet.com/brighton-hove I have managed to arrange a couple of coffee mornings with a couple of Gransnetters, but I would love to find out how many of us there are down here in Sussex, and, more relevantly, how many of us are interested in a meet-up. We don't seem to have the same concentration of Gransnetters as there are in other parts of the country ... or do we??
I'd like to know where you are, what sort of meet-up you'd be interested in (morning coffee/lunch/afternoon tea/evening meal... something else?) and which town(s) in Sussex you would suggest for a meet-up.
Let's see if we can arrange a pre-Christmas event

* I will post this on both my local forums (and maybe even the editor-less ones!!) and take it upon myself to monitor and copy responses from one to the other, so that whichever one you are posting on, you will have all the other replies available too) ... She says optimistically

NB: Wayfinder is my Local GN username. On the main site I'm NannaAnna

Baba2three Sun 05-Feb-17 18:20:13

Hello Jennywren4, yes the meet up went ahead. There weren't many of us but it was fun. Keep in touch and hopefully we can get together in the Spring. I hope your health sort out is a great success!

amandajane Tue 07-Feb-17 16:06:01

Hello Jennywren. I thought I replied to your post a few days ago but I can't see it here! Anyway, welcome to the forum. Our meeting at Bluebells did go ahead. Not many people turned up but it was nice to meet a few members face to face. I hope your health sort out is successful and please come back in the Springtime!

amandajane Fri 10-Feb-17 13:00:02

Hi Jennywren4! Lovely to hear from you. The meet up at Bluebells did go ahead. There weren't many of us but it was still good to get together. I hope your health sort out is successful and look forward to meeting up in the Spring. smile

Jennywren4 Mon 24-Apr-17 19:14:13

Hello all - I'm happy to meet now it's Springtime and I'm healthy! Anything planned for any gatherings in the Battle?Bexhill area? I hope everyone had a happy Easter time.

timetraveller Sun 22-Oct-17 08:32:36

Hello everyone
I’m currently living in Hastings and moving to Bexhill next month. My children both live 175 Miles away in opposite directions! I have 2grandchikdren in Wiltshire. I’m keen to join you for coffee if you have another meetup!