Gransnet forums

Local

What you want manufacturer's to change

(5 Posts)
scottydownsouth Thu 17-Oct-13 11:30:59

I loath opening any new product with a screw top, they are so difficult with the safety feature where you have to push it first before you turn it, or is it twist first then push ................. hate them

Pittcity Thu 17-Oct-13 12:51:04

If they have to have child safety features why can't they all be the same? I have to get a child to tell me how to open them sometimes! thlwink

GinnyTonic Thu 17-Oct-13 19:48:30

I feel an "Is it only me?" moment. I really struggle opening the screw caps on the Asda milk bottles. How on earth do older people manage? Milk bottles are hardly new or a health hazard ( unless you drop a 6 litre bottle on your toes!)

AnnB Fri 18-Oct-13 15:08:09

I know through recently helping out my father (although it was useful for me) there are lots of 'aids' available for cans and jars, it just might be worth asking if you know a good shop ...but then I can't see what they could do for the 'squeeze and turn' variety. I once took one back because I couldn't get into it, the assistant opened it with ease. It equates to my gaff when those solid packs of coffee first came out and I took it back saying 'this coffee is really old , it's rock solid' but at least they laughed with me. I don't complain every week by the way!!!!

KimG Fri 03-Jan-14 12:17:25

I want sportswear, dancewear and leisurewear designers and manufacturers to come up with fun, functional clothing and accessories, (including footwear), that is flattering and supportive for older people.

I've written to ask if our local University sportswear students would be interested in such a project but haven't received a reply so far. Maybe I'm too small a minority to warrant a response?

Anyhow, my conversations with other older participants in the various classes and workshops I run, (whose age range is around 40 - 70+) would lead me to believe that there are more of us who feel the same.