Gransnet forums

Local

Northallerton meet-ups

(21 Posts)
broomsticks Fri 08-Nov-13 16:39:29

Great to meet people. I'm definitely up for a January meeting - well, unless it snows hmm

tiggypiro Fri 08-Nov-13 14:22:38

Thanks for organising YaYaJen - very enjoyable meeting new people. That treacle tart was lush and helped me get back home on my bike ! No fear from traffic wardens for me !

YaYaJen Fri 08-Nov-13 12:56:57

Thank you all so much for coming along today, it went so fast I wish I did not have to leave for fear of the voracious traffic wardens, oh and many thanks for treating me to my coffee and lush chocolate cake. Hope
to see you again soon or mid January for post Christmas celebration if you can make it. X

glassortwo Fri 08-Nov-13 07:48:40

Hope its still on, I am leaving straight from school so wont be around laptop for updates, see you later. smile

tiggypiro Wed 06-Nov-13 18:12:06

I shall be there Jen. If it is fine I'll be on my bike so will arrive with helmet and bright yellow jacket !

jennycockerspaniel Wed 06-Nov-13 00:04:10

Just checked date and sorry once more I cannot meet OH out until afternoon l am staying in with Penny as we do not leave her that long I am usually free most days apart from Monday Hope to see at your next meeting

glassortwo Tue 05-Nov-13 18:28:03

I will try to make it Jen, but will confirm asap.

YaYaJen Tue 05-Nov-13 12:20:14

Lol, the Joe Cornish Gallery on Zetland street, fabulous building with a lovely cafe, I will try to get the room to the right of the entrance which has sqidgy sofas and it is still in view of staff and public. That way we will be able to easily recognise who the Gransnetters are. So, see you 11am this Friday peeps x

broomsticks Tue 05-Nov-13 11:53:28

Is there any venue decided at all? I think I can come.
Meeting up with people I've met on the internet, don't tell my grandson grin

YaYaJen Fri 01-Nov-13 19:48:04

Hi lujaha, we are meeting in Northallerton on the 8th, venue depends on numbers, hope to see you soon. Jen

lujaha Fri 01-Nov-13 14:40:27

Where is the meeting on 8th please ? I live in Kirkbymoorside.

tiggypiro Mon 28-Oct-13 21:44:30

Thanks for the message Jen - computer now working !

broomsticks Mon 28-Oct-13 17:06:59

I think I can do the 8th - but might be a Writers Circle at my house (so I'd kind of have to be there). It's just being organised and depends on what they all decide.
It would be fun to meet other 'Grans'

tiggypiro Sat 26-Oct-13 20:33:09

11am will be fine on 8th Nov Jen. Looking forward to meeting you. Computer playing up at the moment so as a 'just in case' will PM you with my phone number.

YaYaJen Fri 25-Oct-13 18:09:59

Thanks for lettting me know tiggypiro, will spread the word for Fri 8th November, 11am ok? Venue will depend on numbers..

tiggypiro Thu 24-Oct-13 17:58:31

Sorry to confuse even more but I CAN now manage friday 8th !!

tiggypiro Thu 24-Oct-13 09:19:07

Sorry Jen .......... I can't make the 7th or 8th (Pilates and friends birthday) but hope to meet you all before too long !!

I'm getting confused (easily done) as I have a feeling I have already sent this message but have no idea when as you have just written your message today. Am I going crackers?

YaYaJen Thu 24-Oct-13 09:10:00

Doh, silly me! But then again my grandsons days are not affected as dad usually starts work at 12 noon so very rare we have them mornings.

If it suits a majority we can easily change it to the week after starting 4th November? Not the Monday for me as we are going to see John Cooper Clark on the Sunday night and will probably need to rest, 5th is bonfire night so how about 10am on Thurs 7th or Fri 8th Nov?

Would then be lovely to meet up early December for a Christmas lunch. (Sorry about using the C word, I try to not even think about it until after DD birthday end of November.

broomsticks Wed 23-Oct-13 17:34:41

Hi, sorry I can't do next week as it's the grandson's half term. Next time, I hope.

tiggypiro Mon 21-Oct-13 13:49:51

Either day good for me YaYaJen - lets hope the gods are with me and I manage it this time. I shall come on my bike if it is in Northallerton (and if it is not pouring down)

YaYaJen Mon 21-Oct-13 13:34:49

Hoping a few of us can get together for coffee next week either Tues 29th or Weds 30th in Northallerton.

Let me know below please.