Gransnet forums

Local

where is everybody?

(29 Posts)
tyjen Sat 30-Nov-13 19:01:11

very quiet in here where are all the grans in the worthing/lancing area?

tyjen Thu 02-Jan-14 14:28:13

looks like there arent any grans in worthing!!!

Wayfinder Wed 29-Jan-14 19:12:23

Hello tyjen!
The Gransnet Worthing site has just grown to become Gransnet West Sussex, so hopefully we will discover a few more Gransnetters down here in Sunny Sussex smile
Anna, West Sussex Editor.

Babs123 Thu 06-Feb-14 18:43:09

Is there anyone around the Bolnore Village/Haywards Heath area - I have

recently moved to the area and don't know many people ?

Wayfinder Fri 07-Feb-14 23:58:37

Hello Babs123, I'm the editor for the West Sussex local site. Gransnetters do seem to be rather thin on the ground down here.
So far I've heard from Sheridan who is within reach of Haywards Heath, and also gratefulgran54. yogagran lives across to the west of H. Heath too. I lived in HH a few years ago, which isn't much use to you right now grin. I've tried a number of times to arrange a meet-up but so far we've not really got it together. Perhaps we should stick with small and select and just go for it wink Anna

ItsOnlyNan Sun 09-Feb-14 20:45:09

Still available for meets Wayfinder and the crochet/knitting group is still meeting at St Pauls in Chapel Raod - Be great to see you or any other grans there for coffee. Tomorrow - 10th Feb - is our next meeting smile

Wayfinder Sun 09-Feb-14 20:57:49

I will try to pop by tomorrow ItsOnlyNan
With a new job and family commitments it's a bit tricky, but I'll try!!

MiniMouse Mon 10-Feb-14 13:40:31

Just wondering if there's anyone in Horsham? I have to rely on public transport (don't get me started on THAT subject!! hmm), so I'm a bit restricted for meet-ups!

Wayfinder Mon 10-Feb-14 18:37:20

Hi MiniMouse, I know that yogagran is somewhere near Horsham. She has started a thread about a meet-up in the Haywards Heath or Burgess Hill area. It might be worth chatting with her? You might be able to arrange something possibly ...

Nanp15 Tue 11-Feb-14 12:59:53

Hi everyone. I'm new on here, I am from Burgess Hill. Came across this by accident trying to advertise my new business. Everyone seems so friendly :-)

yogagran Tue 11-Feb-14 21:49:09

Hello to MiniMouse and Nanp15. There is a thread currently running here:

local.gransnet.com/forums/meetups/1204667-West-Sussex-Haywards-Heath-or-Burgess-Hill-meet-up

Jang Tue 18-Feb-14 19:28:02

Hi Just joined: been on twitter for AGES as Granny Jan @janpclark and following Gransnet so thought I should actually join - so here I am.:-)) I am from Burgess Hill

Wayfinder Tue 18-Feb-14 23:26:17

Hello Jang Nice to meet you smile

D0LLIE Sat 22-Feb-14 14:57:54

Seems very quiet when you consider how big West Sussex is...im near worthing...

gratefulgran54 Sat 22-Feb-14 15:52:15

Hello to Jang and Nanp15.
I'm just up the road in Ansty, but hail from Burgess Hill, and still have family and work there. Maybe we should sort something? smile

Wayfinder Sat 22-Feb-14 18:37:11

Hi everyone! Well we seem to be growing a bit of a mid-Sussex group, with a couple of others in the Worthing area.
Do go ahead and start a new thread if you're interested in meeting up with others but can't make anything that's being suggested.
It does seem to be difficult to find a day of the week and a convenient town that is good for more than a couple of people at any one time.
Who knows, we may develop a network of mini-meetups across the county with just a couple of Gransnetters meeting for a chat. If that works, then it's fine.
At the moment, yogagran and MiniMouse are meeting in Horsham (even though yogagran's post suggested Haywards Heath or Burgess Hill … that's how it's panning out) I've copied the link a little way back on this thread, so do add your comment - or start your own thread smile
Anna, West Sussex editor.

Wayfinder Sat 22-Feb-14 18:40:23

Hello D0LLIE You might be interested in the group ItsOnlyNan runs in Worthing which is held once a month at St. Paul's. Scroll up and you'll see her post on this thread smile
Anna.

D0LLIE Sun 23-Feb-14 12:31:37

Thanks wayfinder...too late for this months hopefully there will be a regular posting of future dates...

Wayfinder Sun 23-Feb-14 20:15:10

Hi D0LLIE It's a regular monthly group, so just turn up smile
Here's the link: local.gransnet.com/west-sussex/social-groups/31236-hook-knit-sip

Wayfinder Sun 23-Feb-14 20:20:50

… and we also seem to have a Burgess Hill meet-up on the cards for April grin
Do pop across to this thread and let us know if you can make it (let us know your preferred date):
www.gransnet.com/forums/meetups/1204667-West-Sussex-Haywards-Heath-or-Burgess-Hill-meet-up

Anna, editor for GN West Sussex and GN Brighton & Hove

Mama4 Thu 27-Feb-14 12:46:53

I'm new to this site. I see there is a meet up at St. Paul's Church. Can anyone just come along?

D0LLIE Thu 27-Feb-14 14:43:27

Yes i think anyone one can...not sure if theres many that turn up as there doesn't seem to be much going on the gransnet local site...are you in worthing mama4?

Mama4 Thu 27-Feb-14 21:38:09

Yes I'm in Worthing.

Wayfinder Sat 01-Mar-14 23:43:54

Hello Mama4, yes you can just turn up. Maybe PM ItsOnlyNan who runs the group if you'd like to say 'Hi' first of all.
PS: It's not specifically a Gransnetters group but ItsOnlyNan is a Gransnetter.

NannyHeather Sun 23-Mar-14 09:31:10

I've only just joined the site. I live in Burgess Hill (on my own) but only been here a year, so would love to make new friends. Can meet anywhere on my bus or train route (no car).