Gransnet forums

Local

GransNet Kent

(18 Posts)
Irenelily Sun 02-Sep-18 10:08:08

Two or three years ago I managed to arrange a couple of meetings in Ramsgate and Canterbury. Owing to my husband becoming more disabled it was impossible to carry on. Sadly he passed away this Spring and I would be interested in meeting up with any other nearby Gransnetters!

OlderNoWiser Sun 04-Oct-15 18:47:45

I wonder, did this local Kent group ever get going? I am between Canterbury and Maidstone and would love to join for the occasional meeting if there are any?

FloNightingale Wed 17-Dec-14 13:08:18

Hi I'm between Faversham and Whitstable. It would be nice to meet up
once in a while with other GransNetters in Kent. I was surprised to read recently that the population of Kent is almost one and a half million people. There must be quite a few Grans tchgrin

BernieMayall Sun 02-Nov-14 16:47:52

What kind of venues do you think we should aim for? There are some decent local hotels in most areas - there's the Hilton in Dartford for people near there, they do good coffee and pastries if I remember right! And Dover has the Hthe Bay and the Waterfront Hotel, both overlooking the sea, which is fab. In between those locations I am happy to take suggestions!

BernieMayall Sun 02-Nov-14 16:36:48

It will be great, and yes, our geographic spread is quite wide! I am compiling a list of people who respond and their locations so we can work something out - and the more people we have the easier it will be to get local groups going! Please point your friends in this direction and we can get some good local activities on the go!

Thank you.

sweetpea Sat 01-Nov-14 01:28:35

I sent Bernie a PM just recently. There is the occasional meet up at Bluewater that Nanapug and Lindylooby arrange (I couldn't make the last one unfortunately), I do think that people will have to be prepared to travel a distance but it would be good to take turns, maybe, for different parts of the county? Look forward to meeting someone/anybody?!

DotMH55 Wed 29-Oct-14 13:23:11

Would be great to meet up - is there anyone else (apart from Bernie :-) ) who in in/around Dover?

BernieMayall Tue 28-Oct-14 16:01:26

Hi there. Please email me on [email protected] and we can get some Autumn meetings off the ground and think about Christmas!

BernieMayall Tue 28-Oct-14 16:01:04

Hi there. Please email me on [email protected] and we can get some Autumn meetings off the ground and think about Christmas!

Nannabill Fri 15-Aug-14 07:24:33

Morning did any of you grans manage to get any meet up off the ground. DB and I are doing relocation to Greatstone and have just retired from 26 years in NHS.

Primrose Tue 25-Mar-14 17:19:57

I live in Wateringbury, near Maidstone, not sure if this is helpful.

sweetpea Mon 24-Mar-14 13:09:33

I sent a message at end January but no answer yet!

grangrumps1 Fri 07-Mar-14 16:05:43

hi do you have any meetings near ashford

ninathenana Fri 07-Mar-14 15:28:51

There is a Bluewater meet this month. Sorry can't do link on my phone. But have a search.

kinjil Fri 07-Mar-14 13:30:01

Has any more interest been shown. Seems we are few in number in Kent.

sweetpea Fri 31-Jan-14 15:33:50

We moved to Kent, A20 near Maidstone, the week before Christmas and I would love to make contact with other Gransnetters.

Brendawymms Mon 30-Dec-13 21:44:35

Sent you an email.

BernieMayall Mon 30-Dec-13 11:31:32

Happy New Year to all GransNetters! From January 2014 I will be hoping to expand this site and get a few meetings and groups going across Kent. If you are interested in a GransNet meeting local to you please drop me a PM and we can get it rolling! We have a wealth of experience and ideas to bring and it would be lovely to share some of them.