Gransnet forums

Local

Coffee and cake

(27 Posts)
scottydownsouth Fri 03-Jan-14 12:03:18

Would any of you ladies like to get together this month? Looks like the majority are in the rest of the county. Any suggestions!!

scottydownsouth Fri 03-Jan-14 12:05:16

Damn predictive text..... Looks like the majority are in the East of the county. That's better.

KimG Fri 03-Jan-14 12:40:09

I'd like to meet up. I'm in Redruth. My daytime work pattern might change later on this month but for the next few weeks I can manage a daytime meet. I'm not coming out though, if this wind and rain keeps up!! Best, KimG

scottydownsouth Sat 04-Jan-14 12:03:32

Well that's two of us KimG, hopefully we will hear from a few more then we can think about an area and venue. I will make sure I have my wellies and brolly in the car.

dogsdinner Sat 04-Jan-14 15:39:07

I'm also in Redruth, I look after my grandchild a lot so bit hard to get away, but am def interested in making new friends.

scottydownsouth Sat 04-Jan-14 20:39:05

Two ladies in Redruth and one in Bude. I do hope we hear from more ladies so that we can make it happen.

scottydownsouth Sat 04-Jan-14 20:48:55

I believe daydreamer lives near Redruth, maybe she will join this conversation

KimG Thu 06-Feb-14 17:56:24

Well, I've now got a new day job 10.00 - 3.00 p.m. There's a new coffee shop opened in Redruth. Could we have a meet in it and give it a little custom? x

dogsdinner Thu 06-Feb-14 21:04:37

The one I think called Hatters? When did you have in mind?

juneh Sun 09-Feb-14 22:31:30

Eventually I will be moving to Cornwall to be near to my daughter and grandchildren and would love to join your meetups. At present I am in north wales, Llandudno in fact and I am coming for the half term holiday next week and wondered if you would be having a meet up whilst I am there this time.
At present I run the gransnet Conwy site and as I do not know anything of what is going on in the Truro area it would be good to chat to you.

dogsdinner Tue 11-Feb-14 21:22:28

We seem to be short of Gransnet people down in Cornwall so not sure if there is likely to be a meet up anytime soon. Keep watching and see if anyone else is interested in trying to meet.

scottydownsouth Tue 18-Feb-14 09:34:30

There is a posting in another thread about a meet up. Tomorrow at 3.30 Marks & Sparks coffee shop in Truro. Scottydownsouth, JuneH and DogsDinner will be there. Can any others make it? The more the merrier.
Why don't you add the coffee shop in Redruth as a listing KimG.?

scottydownsouth Wed 19-Feb-14 20:07:06

Lovely to meet JuneH and DogsDinner today. That was the first meetup, friendly and chatty. When's the next one!!
Have a safe journey back to Wales June.

juneh Thu 27-Feb-14 10:30:22

Thanks for a lovely meetup in Cornwall. I am looking forward to more get togethers with you. It makes moving down that end of the country less daunting knowing someone is there.
I am not afraid of getting out there to meet new people the only thing I worry about as I get older is maintaining good health.
Look forward to seeing both you and the lovely DogsDinner again
smile

nannalyn53 Thu 06-Mar-14 11:23:52

Hello everyone
I moved to Cornwall a few years ago and now I'm fully retired I'd be glad to meet other Gransnetters. I live near Truro so meeting there would be easy, but I'm up for travelling further afield if necessary.

juneh Fri 21-Mar-14 10:26:29

I am so looking forward to meeting new gransnet ladies in Truro maybe?
I should hopefully be moving towards the end of April, fingers, toes and anything else that will cross crossed.
It feels a bit like being reborn and just hope that I can start my new life in Cornwall with a happy heart.
I am excited at the thoughts of only being a short distance from my daughter and granddaughters after having lived at the other end of the country since they were little. But it also means starting all over again with a new house, new friends and getting out there on my own. hmm
smile

scottydownsouth Fri 21-Mar-14 11:03:26

So glad to hear your move is going ahead JuneH and hope that it goes smoothly for you.

Maybe we could try and arrange a meetup some time in May?

DogsDinner and KimG are both in Redruth and NannaLyn is Truro so does anyone have any suggestions or dates?

dogsdinner Fri 21-Mar-14 19:28:02

Very best wishes to juneh for your new life in Cornwall. Would be good to meet up, would sometime in second half of May be good for any of you? Perhaps north of Truro so scottydownsouth doesn't have to drive so far?

juneh Sun 23-Mar-14 17:49:34

Would love to meet up anywhere, I have my trusted sat nav to guide me. Hopefully will be in Cornwall for end of April.
Really looking forward now with a happy heart. Looking forward to seeing you again dogsdinner.

nannalyn53 Mon 31-Mar-14 14:10:54

Good luck with your move juneh.

I have visitors in May and am away visiting as well but will be around from 7th to 14th if that's any good? Or 28th/29th? The month of June's looking less crowded though.

Mykuppatea Sat 11-Feb-17 14:00:46

I am in Bude. New to gransnet

4i43 Mon 12-Jun-17 16:26:30

I am fairly new to gransnet & would like to make new friends, meet up for coffee etc. St Austell, Bodmin, Roche - mid Cornwall area. Look forward to hearing from you.

4i43 Wed 28-Jun-17 22:09:45

Is there anyone in the St Austell, Bodmin area who would like to meet up for coffee ?

Barleysugar Sat 29-Jul-17 14:13:34

I realise this post goes back a while, but I am new to Gransnet, & would like to meet up in the Truro area. Marks & Sparks sounds good. Hope to hear from you.

JanW Thu 10-May-18 17:42:53

Are there any Gransnetters inMullion or the Lizard? Would love to met like minded folk