Gransnet forums

Local

2014 Meet Up

(42 Posts)
Sandy217 Fri 03-Jan-14 12:46:07

Hi everybody

It's a little early in the year I know, but let's have something to look forward to and plan a meet up? Perhaps we could find out how many of you are up for this to start with, then we can decide on when and where. It need only be informal, over coffee and cake somewhere, just to have a chat and a chuckle smile. Don't worry about what we'll talk about, we're all Somerset Gransnetters, which is a good start wink.

I know much will depend on when and where, but please just show your interest at this stage and we'll try and suit as many people as possible cupcake

Sandy

Florrie64 Tue 07-Jan-14 14:02:06

I would definitely be up for a meeting sometime. I work from home quite a bit but if I am on site I won't be able to make a weekday meeting.As far as I know the next time I am out on site should be around the 13th Jan but only probably for about a week or so cos its a small job. Don't know anything any further ahead than that so if you all come to some agreement about a date I will let you know if I can make it nearer the time. smile x

Oldgreymare Tue 07-Jan-14 19:32:43

Yes, please!

Sandy217 Wed 08-Jan-14 12:13:08

Well that's three of us - let's hope we can get a bit more interest smile. It'll be mentioned in a newsletter going out soon so that might perk things up a bit.

gimmer Tue 14-Jan-14 17:04:31

I am interested. Kicked off with Sue D last year but we could
not get anyone else interested.

SueD Wed 15-Jan-14 12:36:35

Count me in too please although date dependent - it's been a busy year so far!

Sandy217 Wed 15-Jan-14 14:23:22

OK, that's 4 of us so far. It's a start smile. Refresh my memory where we are please? I guess somewhere central would be best. I can't do a Wednesday, and would prefer a day time meet, otherwise I'm flexible! Let's have some input on this to start with and see how we get on - which day (forget date for the minute), time of day and where?

Oldgreymare Fri 17-Jan-14 09:59:41

Frome.... but I have a car, a bus pass and an'old lady's' railcard. smile

gimmer Fri 17-Jan-14 17:37:03

near Shepton Mallett but went south to near Montacute to meet Sue D.Remind me where you are
Sandy?

Sandy217 Sun 19-Jan-14 15:15:00

I'm just south of Chard, so right on Somerset/Devon/Dorset border.

Florrie64 Tue 21-Jan-14 10:27:00

I am in Shepton Mallet. Don't drive but have a hubby who does.

Oldgreymare Tue 21-Jan-14 18:09:18

Florrie64 I would be more than happy to drive, Shepton Mallett could be on the way to our rendezvous!

Florrie64 Wed 22-Jan-14 09:27:42

Thank you Oldgreymare, that's very kind! x

Sandy217 Thu 23-Jan-14 15:43:56

Well I think we have a nice few of us to start with ladies. Anyone else can, of course, join in if they wish. The more the merrier smile. Now it remains to decide on the location and date.

Is there anyone who can ONLY make a weekend or would a week day be okay? I cannot make 5 February or a Wednesday.

Any suggestions to location? Being on the southerly edge of Somerset I'm open to suggestions as to where is most suitable for everyone.

Florrie64 Thu 23-Jan-14 16:21:30

Any day should be ok for me for the forseeable future although I won't be available for the week beginning 24th February (going away for my 50th birthday). x

Sandy217 Tue 28-Jan-14 15:18:30

Hi ladies - sorry for the delay, had a few techie problems.

I've come up with a choice of two venues - let me know your preference. Both are listed on our Somerset site.

First is local.gransnet.com/somerset/arts-and-crafts/33215-yandle-and-sons-limited. This is a super craft place with a small tea rooms and is in Martock. The address is on the listing.

Second is local.gransnet.com/somerset/garden-centres/35677-brimsmore-garden-centre. A garden centre with restaurant outside Yeovil.

I chose these two being equi-distant, I hope, from most of us who've indicated a desire to meet up. Also ... a nice place to browse after our chats/coffee/cake/lunch smile!

How about a Thursday say 13th or 20th February, weather permitting?

Please let me know. Anyone else want to come just give a shout on here - I'm sure the more the merrier smile
cupcake
Sandy

Florrie64 Wed 29-Jan-14 15:40:00

Either of those places and dates are fine for me, as long as Oldgreymare's offer of a lift is still there! x

Oldgreymare Thu 30-Jan-14 07:34:04

Florrie I've PMed you!

Oldgreymare Thu 30-Jan-14 07:49:15

Sandy217
I would prefer 13th Feb, probably at Martock, but this is weather-dependant.
My computer won't let me open your 'blued bits' but I have had a quick look via Google.
Is Brinsmore on way into Yeovil from the 303?

Sandy217 Thu 30-Jan-14 13:14:51

Feb 13th is fine for me and I have to admit I do like Yandles in Martock wink but am happy to go with the flow. I've not been to Brimsmore but I believe you're right on the location. Let's give it until midday tomorrow (Friday 31) in case we have any more input, then make the decision. A newsletter will be going out early next week so it would be good to advertise it in there smile

SueD Thu 30-Jan-14 15:18:04

Afraid I shall have to opt out of this one as we travel to Ireland for 4 weeks that day. Fingers crossed the sea is calm! Hope to make the next meet up. so as much advance notice as possible would be good please.

Have fun ladies! smile

gimmer Sat 01-Feb-14 20:32:08

I am OK for both dates and venues. Slightly fqvour Martock.

Sandy217 Sun 02-Feb-14 12:11:29

Okay, Yandles of Martock it is then. Thursday 13th February, Coffee shop 11.30am. Look forward to seeing you all then smile

Please see the link below for the full address and info about the venue.

local.gransnet.com/somerset/arts-and-crafts/33215-yandle-and-sons-limited

Sandy217 Thu 06-Feb-14 11:28:11

We've hit on a date hiccup. Keeping the venue the same, i.e. Yandles of Martock, who can make the following week ...

say, Tuesday 18th OR Thursday 20th February, 11.30am

Please indicate your preference.

Thanks

Sandy

rootintootin Thu 06-Feb-14 19:11:05

I live near Wincanton - anyone nearby