Gransnet forums

Local

grans get together

(7 Posts)
Localvisitor Fri 21-Feb-14 18:49:37

Hi grans
I am a monthly visitor to Earlsfield where I look after my baby granddaughter every few weeks. Was wondering if there was any social granny networking in the area. I get the feeling that there are a lot of us looking after little ones and it would be lovely to meet up for a coffee and a chat.

Judgie Mon 13-Oct-14 14:32:35

Hi Localvisitor
I too am a regular visitor to Wandsworth and Tooting and would love to meet up for coffee if our visits overlap. I have 3 grandchildren. One who is 10 and at school, a 2 year old granddaughter and a 9 month old grandson.

lornap Fri 20-Feb-15 21:38:34

I have just joined and am wondering if this ever happened and if there is a local group of grandparents who meet up?

jackiekiel Sat 28-Nov-15 16:13:52

A week ago I lost my partner of 23 years. It was very sudden, a massive heart attack, and I feel as if i am in shock. I am lucky in having the most loving, caring children and grandchildren but I feel so alone. I have been offered bereavement counselling but I have a feeling that there is no panacea for grief and that the only way is to work through it. Am I right?
When I feel up to it I would love to know if there are any gransnet activities in the Battersea/Wandsworth area.

jackiekiel Sat 05-Dec-15 08:15:46

Thank you, thank you for those lovely messages. I know I'll get over it - we all do - otherwise we'd all be walking basket cases. But it's only the kindness of everyone that's keeping me going at the moment.

Midwifecf Thu 19-May-16 15:24:44

In Honour of the Queen's 90th Birthday we are hosting a tea party in my flat on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend
Saturday at 3pm and Sunday at 3.30pm 21st and 22nd May
If you would like to come and share in some home made scones and cakes email me at [email protected] for the address

eileen66 Fri 15-Sep-17 02:28:58

Hi I'm looking for somewhere to go with people my age , I'm 67 , Scottish.
Anyone fancy meeting up for a tea n chat
Eileen x