Gransnet forums

Local

Your Bucket List

(6 Posts)
Fontana Thu 20-Mar-14 16:40:01

Do you have a list of things you want to do before your time is up? tell us your 5 top 'to do's'

Ashmore32 Thu 20-Mar-14 20:22:07

Hope with all my heart to see my Granddaughter and have a meaningful relationship with her and make her know what really happened if possible.

Holiday to the Grand Canyon, The Arctic circle and the Maldives or similar.

Take my Husband to watch his Giants play at their new stadium.

Fontana Sat 22-Mar-14 09:49:56

Ashmore, Welcome and I like your list!

Mine include driving a big dumper truck, living somewhere warm and sunny again, I can tick off washing an elephant ( have done that) a trip to Sissinghurst the home of Vita Sackville West - some are easily achievable and others will take a bit of work and saving!

Ashmore32 Sat 22-Mar-14 10:36:56

The last 4 should be achievable, the Giants game could be done next year just have to wait for the new schedule to come out. Tie it in with a second warmer game and I can get some shopping done for. Christmas...seems Dallas is somewhere else he wants to go see the stadium.....

The first is in the hands of Fate...I always used to think good things happen to good people. Had a nasty knock to that idea. Only time will tell, but if the nasty comments on an adoption board elsewhere are to be believed, I best not hold my breath.

I have driven tractors and a combine for my uncle, and my brothers forklift unladen of course in a car park. My 18 year old wants to drive an obstacle course for his 18th. He could easily pass his practical test, just needs to be more confident with his theory. There are places where they can do this.

So lucky I didn't have to do that when I learned to drive....

Ashmore32 Sat 22-Mar-14 10:38:31

My nearly 18 yr old, He is 18 on the 30th...really should re read these meanderings of mine .....

Fontana Tue 25-Mar-14 19:35:29

Ashmore 32 I do that sort of thing all the time!