Gransnet forums

Local

Hi to all northumberland users

(15 Posts)
TriciaF Wed 14-Jun-17 14:44:51

So many from around Blyth! The last time I was there was 2011.
For anyone interested in Blyth history there's a very long thread on the Rootschat forum.
Wish I could meet some of you 'in the flesh'.

headsy12 Fri 05-May-17 23:37:21

Hi, I have just found the local section, I am from Blyth and looking for something local to do one afternoon or evening to break my week up. I have tried a local Tai Chi for a few weeks but have had to stop as my right knee is not strong enough.

mrsjem Sat 11-Feb-17 20:03:46

Hi

I've just seen this chat.

I'm from Bedlington, which is near to Blyth - continuing the Blyth connection!

desjumeaux Sat 07-Jan-17 07:25:06

How strange, I lived in Blyth for a while before I married and left to live in Brittany for about 7 years. We came back some years ago, just missed the family too much.

TriciaF Thu 05-Jan-17 14:05:26

ps we lived in Blyth - windfarm in the distance of your picture.

TriciaF Wed 04-Jan-17 14:09:51

Collywell Bay! One of my childhood playgrounds.
Charlie's Garden has shrunk since then.
We live in SW France now, out in the country, but I do miss the sea.

desjumeaux Wed 04-Jan-17 09:51:59

Hi TriciaF
Your right it is St Marys, I am lucky to live very close to the coast, and walk along there most mornings with my dog Ben.
Where are you living now?

TriciaF Sun 01-Jan-17 10:40:43

Welcome to the forum desjumeaux. I come from Northumberland but don't live there now, hope to go back soon.
Which lighthouse is that? Looks a bit like St. Mary's Island, which I used to know well.

desjumeaux Sat 31-Dec-16 12:14:16

I am as far south in Northumberland as you can be. We do have a caravan near Wooler as well where we spend a lot of the summer.

I have just joined gransnet.

Lizzypb Thu 30-Jun-16 11:52:50

Yes, I'm in Northumberland, more or less in the middle. I'm close to Morpeth, Alnwick and Rothbury. Hello out there!

Lels Sun 14-Feb-16 09:26:04

I have just discovered GransNet. It is a great idea but where is everybody? Are there any Grans in Northumberland? I live near Newcastle so might try to make contacts there too.

r109s4e Fri 11-Sep-15 14:12:12

Are there any local GN's near or around Morpeth?

hildajenniJ Mon 07-Jul-14 16:10:48

Does no-one use GN local? I'm fairly new and trying to find my way around the sites. I live way out west near the Cumbria border and am looking for a local group to join.I'll watchbthis thread and wait for developments.

glassortwo Wed 30-Apr-14 10:40:59

Hi geordiesilverfish sorry don't know about any yoga classes but hello from me smile

geordiesilverfish Mon 31-Mar-14 09:36:27

Hi, Ive just discovered the local 'branch' of gransnet. I just want to say hello to all and hope we can 'talk' in the future. I live near Newcastle but I love our Northumberland area, I often drive up to Rothbury and visit Rothley Craggs, wooler, and the coastal towns. I was at Alnmouth the other day. As we have the loveliest scenery in the UK maybe we'd better keep it secret.lol.
Can anyone tell me if there are any yoga classes for beginners in Northumberland. I tried an advanced class and ended up walking like a crab for a while-I need a beginners class. Also are there any baby yoga classes.