Gransnet forums

Local

Meetup in April

(21 Posts)
juneh Fri 11-Apr-14 19:01:49

Hello
I am at long last moving to Cornwall, Veryan, TR2, this very weekend to be near to my daughter and granddaughters. It has been a very difficult time selling our house in Llandudno and leaving my husband all at the same time.
I never thought that I would be in this situation but suddenly at new year I decided that I just could not carry on living with this man. He is not a bad person, just not the man I want.
I am very nervous about moving and starting a new life at 70 years old but what have I got to lose, but a lot to gain.
I do hope there are those of you who would be happy to meet up, maybe some of you are in a similar situation. For me it is all about starting again and making new friends.
Hope we can sort something out.
Maybe after Easter we could meet in Truro, at least I have some idea where that is especially M&S
warm wishes
Juneh

dogsdinner Fri 11-Apr-14 21:14:50

Wishing you the very best for your new life down in Cornwall. Even the sun is out for you. I would be happy to meet up in Truro, hope others can too.

nannalyn53 Sat 12-Apr-14 07:34:10

Hello June. Congratulations on your brave decision, and I hope the move goes well. I live not far from Veryan and would be happy to meet up at M&S in Truro. At the moment any time in the week after Easter apart from Tuesday 22nd suits me.

scottydownsouth Sun 13-Apr-14 18:39:14

Looking forward to seeing you again JuneH

dogsdinner Mon 14-Apr-14 12:30:02

May I put my oar in and suggest 2.00 pm Truro Marks in cafe any day after Tuesday 22 May, now suggestions for day please....

nannalyn53 Mon 14-Apr-14 18:58:57

Did you mean 22nd April rather than May dogsdinner?

dogsdinner Mon 14-Apr-14 21:24:11

Oops.... of course I meant April, sorry.

juneh Tue 15-Apr-14 22:50:55

Hello
Here I am arrived at last after a traumatic few months. Got a little place in Veryan and moving in tomorrow officially although staying with my daughter until after Easter. I am looking forward to finding my feet, finding my way around is a bit more traumatic especially the more rural setting after being in North Wales for a few years. A lot of my stuff has to go into storage with my son in law who is putting it in his workshop.
And I have a list to to does a mile long.
I would love to meet up with people as I am already missing my small group of gransnet ladies in Llandudno.
Did you say you cannot do the 22nd of April [nannalyn53] if so should we make it another day?
So looking forward to meeting new friends smile

nannalyn53 Thu 17-Apr-14 12:59:09

Yes, any other day that week would be good for me.
What if I set the ball rolling and say Weds 23rd at 2pm in the M&S cafe? Any good for anyone?

dogsdinner Thu 17-Apr-14 14:58:01

Let's go for it. I will be there. I have med bobbed light blonde hair and a stressed face due to GC....

juneh Fri 18-Apr-14 22:11:27

Great Wednesday is good for me. I'll be there, there is a picture of me on fb page June Heathcote but I will wear a blue scarf. I Will carry a large brown leather shoulder bag.
Who else is going to be there?

scottydownsouth Sat 19-Apr-14 19:01:42

I'm hoping to join you

nannalyn53 Sat 19-Apr-14 21:19:52

Me too. I'll wear a mauve scarf with scotty dogs on it. Looking forward to meeting you all.
I suppose as it's an M&S café we'll all need to get there early to allow time for the interminable queuing... smile

juneh Sat 19-Apr-14 22:01:48

Whomever gets there first grabs a table.
Hope you can make it Scotty, next will meet you half way smile

scottydownsouth Sun 20-Apr-14 11:32:05

Sorry All

My husband reminded me yesterday that we are going out on Wednesday, I think I got my dates and days a bit muddled.

I have not had much response for a meet up in any areas other than the West ... ever hopeful

You must email me some pictures when you get settled JuneH.

juneh Sun 20-Apr-14 13:15:24

Sorry to hear you cannot make it Scotty, but will be good to meet the others. I said I would be wearing a blue scarf but it is white with blue flowers. Haven't unpacked all my gear yet. Been very busy downsizing into my SIL's workshop and up in the loft over where I am living which is very useful.
My old dog seems to be settled but we have been staying with my daughter who has a young border collie puppy, phew, gorgeous but a handful of mischief.
I am feeling much better today but go up and down emotionally with this massive upheaval. I am fortunate to have a comfy letting which my daughter found, sometimes it's difficult when one had a dog.
It's good that summer is up on us so that I can pack away all my heavier winter stuff. In the next couple of days I should have sky tv as well. Wha hoo!

nannalyn53 Wed 23-Apr-14 16:41:04

Hello June and Dogsdinner
It was lovely to meet you both today and I hope this will be the first of many meetings. Sorry I rushed off at the end - I suddenly remembered I was supposed to ring my daughter back to see how my GD's hearing check went (her hearing's being monitored as she has been slow to speak).

Looking forward to next time with you and maybe others.

juneh Thu 24-Apr-14 19:14:10

Yes it was lovely to meet you and to see Julia again. maybe next time we could meet somewhere different. Lemon Street Market is apparently a nice place perhaps there? Maybe we could meet each month and then if others want to come along they can just join. Say the 2nd or 3rd Wednesday of each month at either morning coffee at 10-30 or afternoon at 2pm. what do you think?

dogsdinner Thu 24-Apr-14 19:31:49

Great idea to meet once a month on a Wednesday. I am at playgroup in the morning but can meet at 2.00. I could make 1.0 at a push if you wanted to do lunch. Hopefully over time we might get a few more able to join us.

nannalyn53 Fri 25-Apr-14 10:48:37

Yes, agreed, a regular slot would make it easier for others to join in. Weds pm or lunch are both good for me, but not the morning. Lemon St market's a good idea as it's near several car parks and the bus station, as well as being a nice place to browse in if you arrive early.

juneh Mon 28-Apr-14 20:23:21

OK shall we settle for the Lemon Street Market at the Fig café on the 28th May at 11am. Let me know if this is OK Hope I have that right. The area is all new to me smile