Gransnet forums

Local

Knitathon for Dougie Mac teddy bears?

(3 Posts)
BPJ Fri 09-May-14 10:38:28

Hi Folks

I would like to add to the thread about Dougie Mac, it is a brilliant organisation and does much good work in the community, but , spare a thought for a local charity The Donna Louise Trust out at Trentham. I wonder if anyone realises that childrens charities get only about 15% of funding from government and has to raise other funding from donations and fund raising.
Sunday will see 5 and 10k funrun at Trentham Gardens. If any groups wold like a talk on the trust if they leave a message here and I will pass it on.

Thanks

BPJ

Elegran Wed 23-Apr-14 09:20:53

Bumping this to make it appear on the main GN forums. The knitters in other areas may be interested.

AnnB Tue 22-Apr-14 23:04:37

The Douglas MacMillan Hospice have asked for our help to knit jumpers for teddy bears to sell for fundraising. They have contacted us to say do Gransnetters feel it would be easier to join in if we had a Knitathon, knitting altogether on one particular day to get lots of the jumpers done. (lots of teddies getting cold in the meantime!!!) Has anyone got any comments, are we big on knitting? Let us know, either through the Inbox or on the discussion link.